Trunk and rim key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk and rim key

Hello, I have a 1985 318i and I’m trying to put new tires on the rims, and to take off the rims I need a key, I think the key might be in the trunk but I can’t open the trunk, the key turns and everything it just doesn’t want to pop open. How can I get into the trunk? Is there a way to get into it through the back seat? If so how? Also I don’t have the ski package. Thanks!

-Travis

Does the central locking work? If so, you should be able to unlock the trunk from the doors.
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

Even if you don't have the ski package, it should be easy to open the metal cover for it behind the rear seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
        Even if you don't have the ski package, it should be easy to open the metal cover for it behind the rear seat.
        my early 1984 318i has no ski pass panel or punch out.

to OP, when you press the trunk lock mechanism can you hear it unlatching? could just be a little sticky? try pulling up on the trunk while you press the button. if that doesn't work you may have to resort some extreme measures... cutting a hole or sacrificing a tail light? i dunno, i wouldn't want to do either of those options.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X