Clear All

• e30F
    replied
    It's so much easier with pics.

Browntown - thanks for the links!

Leave a comment:

• browntown
    replied
    no issue, actually the new zealand how-to ( http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/...hp/t30907.html ) is pretty well laid out. Was just thinking that DIY's could be easier for newbies to use.

The josh/andrew article is mirrored here: http://strictlyeta.net/technical/e36switches.html the links just need to be updated in our diy.

Leave a comment:

• Blackout
    replied
    He probably won't. I have asked the same question, just so that the DIY would make sense. May be i can help you out. What is the issue?

Leave a comment:

• browntown
    replied
    The coin holder is p/n 72601942786

Joshie, can you rehost the pics for the original DIY?

Leave a comment:

• Blackout
    replied
    Looks awesome buddy.
    Cool ashtray too; or should i call it a change holder? since you don't smoke. :)

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    Here's another example of a 4-door with breaker switch console. Someone above said that the bezels would overlap, but as you can see, it's possible to finesse a good fitment with careful trimming. Blackout sold me a full set of switches and did the trimming.

Leave a comment:

• italianrugger
    replied
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• trackjunkie21
    replied
    e38 switches work.

Leave a comment:

• Blackout
    replied
    Originally posted by italianrugger View Post
    does anyone know if you can use e34 switches?

E38 or E36 ONLY.
    Last edited by Blackout; 10-22-2011, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• italianrugger
    replied
    does anyone know if you can use e34 switches?

Leave a comment:

• MR_SAZ
    replied
    what an awesome read thanks Guys!

does anyone have any good links to LED cluster retro fits??
    cheers

Leave a comment:

• bernzpeed
    replied
    i should've thought about changing the breaker as well. hmmm. iguess that will be my next project.

Leave a comment:

• glucklich21
    replied
    I thought I would post this little excerpt from my build thread on mounting the switches in the console.

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
    Moved inside and worked on the console I picked up at the yard. I used a two door console with the cutout for the breaker switch. I dremeled the right side to fit, then matched the angle on the other side with a ruler and a pencil.

There's metal under the plastic and foam to form the shape of the stock cut outs. These have to be cut away for the switches to fit right.

They are connected either on two sides or one side by more metal. The bottom had two, the top had one, so all I had to do was cut one side with the dremel, then pull it off with some pliers.

Bezeled mounted

And everything mounted

What it looks like underneath

Dremel nicked it. You can also see the cut away.

Bezels reinstalled and then hot glue was applied to fill the gaps and keep it in place.

The type of E36 switches I have are the LED type out of a 93 318i 4 door. So no burnt out lights!

Leave a comment:

• bernzpeed
    replied
    Originally posted by DmcL View Post
    anyone done this with green base switches yet? have a pair of greens here with chrome surrounds and wondering if anyone knows which wires do what to save me the hassle of breaking out the auto multimeter.

also planning to do the sunroof switch too but havent pulled the stock E30 switch out yet to see what the connection/wire setup looks like.. wouldnt think its much different from the windows if at all.
    here ya go:

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
    yes you can make them work by using this

scroll all the way to the bottom and youll see the unit...

a friend of mine did that on his e30 using that device and works like a charm
    Interested in this

Can we get any more info on it? Maybe your friend did a write up or took some helpful pics?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X