X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love the write up josh, getting ready to put my switches in today,

Mike Fritz

Comment

i have switches with 4 wires. can they be used?
      ________
      K125
      Last edited by moatilliatta; 01-20-2011, 07:31 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

nvm. i know.
        ________
        Honda XRV650
        Last edited by moatilliatta; 01-20-2011, 07:32 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

nice write up, I'll do this one this weekend as well. Thanks. BTW, lighting color is the same?

'05 Jetta TDI
          '87 325iS: Facelift, Hella Smoked Ellipsoids (RIP)
          '80 320i: 500lbs lighter, Rally/Drifter (SOLD!:( )
          '90 Jetta: Stock Daily Driver (SOLD)

Comment

fuck the DIY article is not for a blue base switch..or at least im reading it wrong because i don't have the slightest clue as to what wire goes where.

does anyone have a simply explanation for blue base switches.

my stock wiring harness is green-grey, brown, brown, black, and purple.
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383
              fuck the DIY article is not for a blue base switch..or at least im reading it wrong because i don't have the slightest clue as to what wire goes where.

does anyone have a simply explanation for blue base switches.

my stock wiring harness is green-grey, brown, brown, black, and purple.
              Yes, it is for the blue base switch.

Here's the full write-up with pics, I don't have them hosted anymore.

Comment

i still don't understand how there are supposed to be wired up.

is there a simplier explanation to this? which wire connects to what?!
                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I just wired up a set of blue base switches to an M3. I was a little confused though because the stock M3 switch had six (6) wires, whereas my car only had 5.
                  We noticed that the sixth wire on one of the switches was already cut and the switches still functioned properly, so I just pretended that the sixth wire was not there. The sixth wire was a black/yellow wire. They work great now.

-Erik

Comment

How about putting a E36 switch in place of the E30 sunroof switch any one done it yet?

'87 325 (Track Rat)
                    '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
                    '94 525i (Daily)
                    '90 325i (R.I.P)
                    H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

I've had the idea, but i havnt even done my switches yet. That switch is such a pain in the ass to use.
                      --Will

Comment

you guys are crazy. i did it with out a volt meter or blowing anything up. i just disconect the e30 switches to see what did what. then looked at the e36 swiches and hooked up the ground and the light. once you find which lights up your light in the switch its cake. ;)

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

oh yeah and if you looking for switches e36 switches get the ones in the sun roof they already have the flat bessel and there in good cond cuz the sun doesnt hit that part often... unless the cars upside down or something like that.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta
                            oh yeah and if you looking for switches e36 switches get the ones in the sun roof they already have the flat bessel and there in good cond cuz the sun doesnt hit that part often... unless the cars upside down or something like that.
                            Or, just get the window switches and buy the bezels from the dealer for a few dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
                              Or, just get the window switches and buy the bezels from the dealer for a few dollars.
                              Werd. They were $1.04 each.

Comment

just to let you guys know, I have a full set of "one touch" windows I'm gonna try out, I'll let you know what happens. To me, a switch is a switch - shouldn't matter the gauge of the wiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X