X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELVA164
    replied
    Intended purpose > debatable aesthetics.

It's amazing reading about the potency of the shock oil...pretty scary stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by TheNorthBest View Post
    Note: This shit is nasty. Be prepared. Even more so than you anticipate.
    Yep, it sure is. Do this procedure outside if possible. The smurf's blood will stain (both color and smell) clothing and CAN spray a very long distance.

I am glad that the way I have done them they just spill out of the drilled holes (I drill BIG holes, at least 1/2") and don't actually spray. I use a catch bucket and usually don't spill anything. YMMV

Leave a comment:

• TheNorthBest
    replied
    I suggest wearing a respiration mask as well as a full face guard. Wore a sweatshirt and rubber gloves as well. Got the first ones out and put them in a vice and literally exploded. Shot up about 12ft to the ceiling of my shop, then perfectly landing on the top of my head. Was not a happy day for me. My clothes still smell like that shit. Have to clean the dryer / washer multiple times. Also, when I extended my arms fully and there was a tiny gap of exposed skin, the liquid inside made those areas swell up to the point where I couldn't move either wrist.

Note: This shit is nasty. Be prepared. Even more so than you anticipate.

Leave a comment:

• DRTSRFR
    replied
    That's why my lights are all screwed up!;)

Leave a comment:

• golde30
    replied
    I drilled on on accident before while installing HID on customers car. Didn't spray at all though, just dripped forever...

Leave a comment:

• e30vert
    replied
    Thats just the e30's Diving Board bumper orgasm of delight! Its letting you know how great it feels to be tucked rather than untucked. If you listen carefully you might even catch the sound of an "aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh" although most attribute that to just the sound of the pressurized fluid.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    Because this is relevant information.... Honestly it could due for a sticky to keep people out of the hospital. Maybe not in the general section though.
    /agree.

Leave a comment:

• efficient
    replied
    When I cut my shock I didn't get any on my face or inhale any but it made my hands feel like if my skin absorbed the oil and felt wwrm. I'd wear rubber gloves if you plan on touching the shocks.

Leave a comment:

• NeedaE30
    replied
    tucking bumpers is easy and safe with a little common sense o.O

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Wowww I'll defenetly wear a tubin of some sort and safety googles when I do this, maybe a painters mask/ those masks people in china wear too not breath in germs... Glad your ok!

Leave a comment:

• Alexepp
    replied
    Just did mine yesterday . Mine shot oil but I was wearing glasses and didn't inhale anything but the nasty ass smell ! Glad I didn't inhale any :/ thanks for this cause in about to do my rears ! Would half mask respirator with niosh filters and good goggles u think work instead of full face shield ? Or use my old welding mask ?

Leave a comment:

• Kevinl
    replied
    Plastic bumpers FTMFW

I do air conditioning and a couple times I'll get a wiff of some burnt r22 and it scares the hell out of me I try to be more careful now

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
    noob, why u 1 year bump??
    Because this is relevant information.... Honestly it could due for a sticky to keep people out of the hospital. Maybe not in the general section though.

Leave a comment:

• mr2peak
    replied
    Honestly this is the most helpful thread anyone could bump. This and using jack stands correctly. You can never remind people often enough.

Double checking your lug nuts can save your own nuts.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Tasty
    replied
    people are idiots ITL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X