Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got all my parts ready for this project to fuck me somehow in someway

Comment

just got fucked, bought the wrong compressor and the difference for the one I need is 240$ plus a core fucking shit

Comment

Well your premonition was right.....

Comment

Is there anyway I can get this thing to work? Heres a pic Im scramming to find one locally its too hot be running around w/o ac

Comment

Go find some lines off of a super eta. That's what the compressor looked like on a buddy's.

Comment

anyone found a cheaper source for the condenser? I found one on ebay for only 78 bux shipped...but I'm hesitant as there is no manufacturer specified.
              1991 318is ---230K - DD
              1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
              so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Does the improved combinated refrigernat pressure switch (P/N: 64 53 8 390 971) always have to be fitted during a R12-to-R134 retrofit?

Will the dual switch setup work properly with R134?

My system has the original dual switch setup. Hi-pressure and low-pressure refrigerant pressure switches. After the conversion the A/C worked fine for 4 days, and now the compressor will activate in 3 sec intervals. Not normal cycling.

Comment

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
                  anyone found a cheaper source for the condenser? I found one on ebay for only 78 bux shipped...but I'm hesitant as there is no manufacturer specified.
                  Autohausaz has a PF from Nippo I believe for $115 or something along the lines of that.

Originally posted by Davidov View Post
                  Does the improved combinated refrigernat pressure switch (P/N: 64 53 8 390 971) always have to be fitted during a R12-to-R134 retrofit?

Will the dual switch setup work properly with R134?

My system has the original dual switch setup. Hi-pressure and low-pressure refrigerant pressure switches. After the conversion the A/C worked fine for 4 days, and now the compressor will activate in 3 sec intervals. Not normal cycling.
                  Yes

My friend had the same setup on his 88. We ended up keeping both as we went with a rebuild compressor of his old one. You might be able to just by pass the second switch going to the compressor and wire in for it to function off of one. This is how it is in later style E30s.

As for it kicking on and off that quick 3 things come to mind:
                  1: Pressures are off
                  2: Something is plugged up in the switch or is just faulty
                  3: Clutch on the compressor is bad

Comment

ok. i just did the drier and switch and the soft high pressure line. Then the hood fell and destroyed the rigid high pressure line. Luckily a quick run to my e30 parts source found out that a 318 high pressure line relocates the high pressure port outta harms way of the hinge. score!! the question is what are the pressure switches levels?? high and low??? I found one site that side like 28psi and 426!!!! i had to convert to psi from metric english something or other.

You guys say your putin in like 28oz???? thats gotta be volume right?? the label in the my car specs 2.10 lbs r-12 so 2.1X75%=1.61lbs r134. I put in 1.55 and the high pressue gauge goes over 300psi!!!!!! when the heck does that switch shut off????!!! Dang sure i didnt over fill cuz one of the pdf referenced here specs 1.98lbs r134. input plz
                    Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

It sounds to me either there's too much oil in the system or you didn't evacuate all of the Freon out before you charged it. Have you looked at the pressures chart pdf in the first post?

Comment

Just ordered all the small parts and new condensor (on sale for ~$90) from AutohauzAZ today. Will post pics/quality of the condensor when I get it. Thanks OP for the info to start the AC install on my swapped car!
                        1991 Alpine 318i w/S52 swap

Comment

Nice write-up. 12/86 325iC: retrofit in progress
                          Last edited by cabriodster87; 08-22-2012, 07:17 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Reich und Roll!

Comment

it totally missed that pdf somehow.... Hmm.. thanks... I'll have to do some more diag on the actual car car and those pressure numbers. it was crankin hot and stupid humid when I checked it last. I doubt there was residual freon. It was empty to start w and i evac'd it like 3 times for 15-20 mn each time. It could be to much oil, maybe. I'll check it against that chart though. THANK YOU for pointing out the one pdf i didnt read:) good suggestion.

And guy postin above: just run it till it dies then buy new if needed. I think you can rebuild w the proper seals though. I'm runnin a 134a non compliant compressor till it dies. check older posts in this thread, im know others have commented on it too.
                            Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

nice, thanks man
                              sigpic

Comment

I just have a quick Q, is this a good electric fan option?

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...OrderCalculate

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X