13 Button OBC Tricks & Easter Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    My range dosent show up right. ill have like almost an empty tank and it will show up 147 miles left. i swaped out clusters... could that be why?
    there is a hidden cap on the left bottom corner of the OBC. use a screw to pop it off and inside there should be a philips type adjusting screw. i forgot which direction you spin it, but you can adjust the fuel reading on the OBC with this.

:)
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

The bronzit is dead

Comment

thanks...this thread is awesome:D

Comment

Where can I get a new light board for my OBC? I tried replacing the leds myself but I couldnt get them to work.

Comment

Originally posted by southernbimma85 View Post
            Where can I get a new light board for my OBC? I tried replacing the leds myself but I couldnt get them to work.
            think they go for $ 19 +s/h at www.pelicanparts.com

there's a guy in eSway selling original bulbs for $ 5 a set, perfect alternative.

new boards go for nearly $ 30 from dealership
            Last edited by fporro; 07-07-2008, 01:55 AM.

Comment

I've always wanted to take advantage of the security provided with that, but If i do the M50 swap would this still be useable? if restore to functioning status?
              http://www.decal-spec.com

Comment

I read in an article the other day that speedometers are supposed to be set higher than the actual mph for some type of safety requirement. I believe this is something all car manufacturers have to do for all production cars.

Comment

Glitch:

If you hit the temp button at a low enough temperature so that the ºF or ºC flashes (the "ice warning"), and while it's still flashing you press the 1000 and 1, the fuel remaining comes up (like always), but this time the "L" flashes like the ºF/ºC was.

Comment

i'm thankfull i dont have a "low enough temperature" around here...Neways THANKS for this thread lol i just got my OBC working today and i had a blast playing with it...miami haitians watch out for CODED James Bond edition e30 o.O
                    No more e30s for me.
                    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                    91 BMW 325i [sold]
                    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

I had my obc Working yesterday. wired a radio in and now radio and obc dont function.checked fuse,its ok. does radio and obc Share 12v Power supply? the radios constant power supply shows one volt, but the switched power still works with twelve volts

Comment

Figured it out. Check fuses 10,12,21,23,27. They control both the radio and OBC along with a ton of other things.

Where is the temp gauge? In the engine bay by the drivers side strut tower? Anybody have a pic of it or price?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                          just messin with you!!!
                          bet you all didnt know that if it starts blinking and crap, if you punch the dash, usually it starts working again.

not ususally, dude, ALWAYS. it ALWAYS starts working again.

The OBC in my euro car changes minutes every like 30 or so seconds. its completely fucked. the backlight burns out about three days after i replace it too, so i just stopped caring.
                          1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                          1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

How do you remove the 13 button OBC from the dash? I'm having a hard time getting mine out to replace the bulbs, and I don't want to break the trim.
                            Looking for a new E30 ...

1987 BMW 325is (sold)
                            1996 VW GTI VR6
                            1988 VW Cabriolet

Comment

I have a 9 botton obc, could I just plug in the 13 botton obc and wiring harness. or will the car not regonize the 13 botton obc.

Comment

i think the plugs in the back are different.

Comment

Working...
                                X