Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^ dont know what happened to it.....
    1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
    1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
    1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
    1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
    1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

This is the email of the guy in Spain: mpower2002 <at> jazzfree <dot> com. I bought the gears from him for my VDO board a few weeks back and have since installed them and they work great. I used vasoline to grease up the gears when installing.

Also I have an airbag steering wheel which I did not remove when I removed my cluster. It took a little maneuvering but the extra 5 mins I spent on that was prolly less than the time to remove the steering wheel, maybe. But it definitely is possible either way.

Comment

Now I know how the odometer is repaired, but What can i do to fix my speedometer?

Comment

Originally posted by E30stan View Post
          Now I know how the odometer is repaired, but What can i do to fix my speedometer?
          Start by searching ... Service Indicator Board Batteries

Comment

Or just get a new cluster and update the look

very affordable.
            Attached Files

Comment

http://www.odometergears.com/ is the correct link for the website. $85, ugh.

Comment

No, no, no

pick up one at ebay for $20-$25 tops.

remove the 4 screws, squeeze the tabs in the back

don't remove the steering wheel, it will fit through.

10 minutes later you are done.

Sure your the mileage will be wrong. If that bother's you, then I would simply transfer the unit from one to the other.

Look up Japandrew73. He has an awesome write up on the odo.

Some people enjoy dismantling the cluster and re-building them because it gives them satisfaction. I agree. But if you are like me, implusive, and you don't have that much time, go the ebay or craigslist route. Make sure your cluster is appropriate i = i etc 6 = 6 etc

15 years ago when my cluster was misbehaving, i when to the local paper (yes before the internet classifieds and my exposure to ebay) found someone that was parting a car. Gave him $20 and the cluster lasted the life of the car.

good luck. done.
                Last edited by Javier h; 06-23-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                  very affordable.

Very ... whatyoumaycallit ?

Mang, I knew it !

I been telling my friend that his 325eS always seems like it's moving faster than speed readout.

Well not just moving faster, his engine does sounds like it goes up to 11k's,
                  so he'll have to UPGRADE that. 8) jk

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                    very affordable.

You got a link to where to get that gauge assembly?

Comment

wtf is up with that tach? The needle goes down around the encono? The speedo goes to 300 instead of spreading the numbers out to give you an easier read in normal situations like... BELOW 100?!?! Ugly/dumb product, and dont buy a used speedo off ebay because guess what... its gears are going to fail soon too just like your current one.
                      -Alex

Comment

the drill........... it works
                        sigpic

WTB: yer sisters underpants

Comment

What if my speedo works, but my mileage doesnt how do i fix this?

Comment

Also whats the difference between VDO and motometer gauges?

Comment

damm.. thank for the help.. ima go to my local junckyard tomorrow nd look for gears.. mines just stop working 2 day ago...
                              no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

Originally posted by matias88e30 View Post
                                damm.. thank for the help.. ima go to my local junckyard tomorrow nd look for gears.. mines just stop working 2 day ago...
                                Buy the gears NEW... why would you want to pull 20 year old gears from and old cluster and install in yours? Most of the time they are all broken OR on the verge of it. Waste of time.
                                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                                X