No announcement yet.

Shift Lever and Short Shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the 2.5z4 cause of that reason. Should be fine with clearing the driveshaft no problem.

Hmm, not quite sure what you mean about using 12 to hold everything in. I guess ill figure it out hopefully when i get to it. I ordered the parts today. Hopefully ill have it in within the week or so.
    90 325is
    IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

Originally posted by 318driver
      I bought the 2.5z4 cause of that reason. Should be fine with clearing the driveshaft no problem.

Hmm, not quite sure what you mean about using 12 to hold everything in. I guess ill figure it out hopefully when i get to it. I ordered the parts today. Hopefully ill have it in within the week or so.
      If you're using the 2.5 lever, just put everything back in how you took it out.

You're going to have to drop the driveshaft to replace #14. Just FYI.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

i just orderd the z4 shifter.
        it will be here soon.
        i was under my car the other day. and i checked to see if i got a harmonic balancer. just as i thougt i did(wasnt sure if it had on one there). was checking to see if i would have to bend the selector rod. i was looking at the bottom of my shifter. and the drive shaft. is the z4 3.0 shifter gunna rub the drive shaft? i dont think it will but has any body had problems with that. my car is a 6/86 so its on the borderline of haveing that sheet metal consol. the guy at bmw send me 2 diffrent bushing (i think i was bushings(for it. just incase.
        ________
        cheap easy vape vaporizer
        Last edited by moatilliatta; 01-20-2011, 07:28 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

anybody have to bend the z4 shifter? the actual shifter, and not the connecting rod.
          ________
          BMW R850R
          Last edited by moatilliatta; 01-20-2011, 07:28 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta
            anybody have to bend the z4 shifter? the actual shifter, and not the connecting rod.
            no, check understeer.com again. it's not absolutely necessary. and i had no luck.

i'm putting a z3 2.8 in friday. i think it's the perfect setup.

Comment

I almost cant shift into reverse right now and I when it goes into reverse its so far on the left that It like moves my whole console now and first is close to where reverse was I checked my trans bushing first and they look fine but will be upgraded to urethane ones. from what I read I need to rebuild my sheet metal console on my 84, now sounds like a good time to do the 1.9 conversion. I was really tempted to get a B&M 45126 shifter

so I need all of the parts in red and all of the parts on the other end of the selector rod. and should I replace all o the stuff above the shifting arm.

and what happened to the article on SEAM bmw they had about the conversion it doesnt do anything when I click on it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

just ordered the Z4 3.0 kit from BMA...$67ish shipped to me. got a 1991 318is, i'll post details once it's installed.

M4DEUCE Blog :: daily dwayne :: Next Level Tuning

Comment

i have a 91' 318is and i think i am going with the Z4 2.5 lever. My friend has it in his 87' 325is and it is great. I should not have to bend anything w/ my car should i?
                  ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

i plan on installing my z4 2.5 shifter soon and i want to talk about the install.
                    now would i need to lower the tranny?? exhaust?? driveshaft?? anything??

is there any complications with the install or is it all straight forward with no hassles or bitch parts?

Comment

I just ordered my Z4 2.5L shift lever kit from BMA. I should be getting it at the end of the week and i won't be able to put it in till sunday. I'll let you guys know how it feels and if i had to bend the shift linkage or anything (If you have not realized by my other posts I have a 318is)
                      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

That's the same one I put in my 325i. Shifts very smooth but was a little notchy at first. Only took a day to break in.

Comment

dang i just installed my shift lever (Z4 2.5L) and its is GREAT!!!! I did not have to bend anything. It is just great.

I know you guys will want to know how i did it in like 15min (lever, bushings, and everything). I need some pics of the underside where the bitch clip is (i don't have a camera). I can get the b-clip off in like 10sec. With the pics i can show you how i did it. a pic of the b-clip would be nice too. When my friend was putting his 2.5 in his 87' 325is he spent like 6hrs on the clip and i came over and just poped it off.

If you don't have a new lever for your car GET ONE!!! Its like 65 bucks and VERY well spent. I have to recommend the 2.5L obviosly. It is not knotchy and it is still smooth but feels a LOT shorter than stock. It makes a world of difference.

Comment

For the bitch clip... that is the clip that holds the shifting arm to the tranny. This is not the circ clips.

Last edited by BM5W; 10-09-2005, 01:30 PM.

Comment

just installed my z4 2.5 shifter...no rod bending required. just took the old one out and put the new one in. it's really notchy and hard to find some gears. i think i need to put grease on the ball. Took me a while to figure out that white ball holder thing was clipped into its holder. but the shifts are nice and short and the shifter is at the perfect hieght. i also replaced my tranny fluid with redline's sythetic gear oil.

Comment

I love my Z4 3.0 shifter with all new bushings, hardware, etc. Some of the best money spent on the car, although weak guys and girls have problems just flicking it and have to use their bisepts to shift gears. Funny shit.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
                                X