No announcement yet.

Taurus side skirts - modification and installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, on bimerok's car the skirts look pretty good in white, so I think I will go this way.

I've been looking for a different console to replace the ford one for awhile and I've had e36 ones as well and none of them have really fit. i have kept this one because it has a decent amount of storage space, I got it for $1.20, and it has a cupholder. If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
      Well, on bimerok's car the skirts look pretty good in white, so I think I will go this way.

I've been looking for a different console to replace the ford one for awhile and I've had e36 ones as well and none of them have really fit. i have kept this one because it has a decent amount of storage space, I got it for $1.20, and it has a cupholder. If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated.
      As far as I know, Bimerok's car (that would be my car) does not have side skirts yet :)

Comment

Why do people mount them so low? I don't get it, they should be flush with the top of the rocker panel.

Comment

I put mine on flush to the bottom of the doors, I think they look pretty good, as the 4 door looks longer and thinner in the middle than a 2 door E30

so I think it makes the middle look fuller
          Attached Files

Comment

a better pics, the car is not lowered yet
            Attached Files

Comment

so where are more sable skirt mounted e30's?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                Why do people mount them so low? I don't get it, they should be flush with the top of the rocker panel.
                i disagree with you i think this looks cleaner and nicer:just flows with the body... and if you go there they shouldn't be on our cars period:D
                german engeneering american customizing:hitler:

Comment

i agree, thus i mounted mine as high up as possible...
                  Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
                  The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
                  1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
                  1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by bimerok View Post
                    As far as I know, Bimerok's car (that would be my car) does not have side skirts yet :)
                    Lol, my bad. i meant sunset_tintiner's car. You had quoted the pics, and that's what I saw. my bad ;)

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I'll kinda rehatch this for one moment if I could. Is it me or do these not look good on a white E30 cause I have a coupe and saw this and thought it'd be great.....then saw the only two white examples and can't say they looked right. Maybe just those two weren't done right but anyone have one on thiers that looks as good as some of the others?

Comment

Originally posted by DrLivingston View Post
                        I'll kinda rehatch this for one moment if I could. Is it me or do these not look good on a white E30 cause I have a coupe and saw this and thought it'd be great.....then saw the only two white examples and can't say they looked right. Maybe just those two weren't done right but anyone have one on thiers that looks as good as some of the others?
                        It's a 4dr but I think they look great on my Alpine. Excuse the mismatched shades of white.

1991 BMW E30 318i sedan
                        2005 Kawasaki 636cc ZX6-R

PNWRiders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Janissarie View Post
                          I put mine on flush to the bottom of the doors, I think they look pretty good, as the 4 door looks longer and thinner in the middle than a 2 door E30

so I think it makes the middle look fuller
                          HOLLY SH!T I LIKE!!!!!
                          :pimp:

Comment

Hmmmm, so far, I just don't like them on white cars. But I don't like white cars to begin with.

Comment

Okay. I don't fully get why people hate the Taurus skirts so much, but THAT brought my french toast halfway back up my throat. It looks like some shit universal armrest you'd get at AutoZone or something. Doesn't go with the interior at all, and looks totally out of place.
                              Does this one look any better? ;)
                              Attached Files

Comment

It probably would if it weren't for that switch/latch at the front. Doesn't match anything else in the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X