No announcement yet.

Miller WAR Machine 24v Rendition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its tuned for the injectors, it wont make any difference in power. That would only be true if one injector was undersized. Basically, within the limitations of the injectors response time vs the minimum pulsewidth at idle, its not really possible to oversize an injector as long as you can tune for it.

For a 21# vs 24# injector, the difference in pw will not be very significant at idle, and it will be even less at WOT - perhaps a few tenths of a ms. even an injector twice that size would work fine if it responds fast enough (and actually, a large injector is easier to time precisely than a smaller one).
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      If its tuned for the injectors, it wont make any difference in power. That would only be true if one injector was undersized. Basically, within the limitations of the injectors response time vs the minimum pulsewidth at idle, its not really possible to oversize an injector as long as you can tune for it.

For a 21# vs 24# injector, the difference in pw will not be very significant at idle, and it will be even less at WOT - perhaps a few tenths of a ms. even an injector twice that size would work fine if it responds fast enough (and actually, a large injector is easier to time precisely than a smaller one).
      I guess, I'm going off my experience with both a TRM chip tuned for the 24# and a Conforti chip. Both ran pretty rich up top!

Granted they were both off-the-shelf tunes. However, I ended up having my car dyno tuned and we made more power with the 21.5s in there and it had much better AFRs up top.

I know Dan will work his magic on the dyno, but I'm curious to see what would happen if both injectors were tuned with the 3.5" MAF to their full potential.
      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

If it ran rich then it was tuned too rich, doesnt get any simpler than that. I have 42# injectors on an n/a m20, & I can make it run as rich or lean as I like with the tune.

Basically unless the 21.5# are undersized, there will be no difference if its tuned properly.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Arguing about injectors aside, when can we expect this to be available? My swap is up and running now, minus exhaust till everything for it comes in. I have 21.5# injectors and the 540i MAF, so I'm looking for a chip. I don't mind trying something new. I will have access to a friend's dyno once my car is street legal if you send out a batch for beta testing. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
            Arguing about injectors aside, when can we expect this to be available? My swap is up and running now, minus exhaust till everything for it comes in. I have 21.5# injectors and the 540i MAF, so I'm looking for a chip. I don't mind trying something new. I will have access to a friend's dyno once my car is street legal if you send out a batch for beta testing. ;)
            It will be ready in a couple weeks. We don't need any beta testers, but thanks. We don't really need to "beta test" something as simple as this.

Comment

A local guy out here has the W.A.R chip in his m50/S52 cam E30 and he loves it. Made over 200whp before a few bolt on's with it.

Once my swap is up and running/suspension sorted I'm going to be going with this tuning system regardless of what route I take with the engine after that.
              For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
              Originally posted by mbonanni
              I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Subscribed!
                sigpic
                "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

bronzit FTW!! :drink:

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

I am interested in seeing the results but will there be an option for ecu's that need EWS delete?
                    BMWCCA # 482566

Originally posted by nando
                    also, I can't think of any BMW special tools you need to do a headgasket on an M20. you could nearly do it with the trunk tool kit, some bubble gum, and string.
                    Check out my Leather Shift Boots for Sale Here

Check out my other work with my GF Here Great gifts for your Wife or GF

Comment

Originally posted by gtarwiz View Post
                      I am interested in seeing the results but will there be an option for ecu's that need EWS delete?
                      You can just cut the EWS wire for now with our tunes if you have EWS.

Comment

OBDII Manifold and 3.5" MAF and stock injectors finished. OBDI Manifold with 3.5" MAF and stock injectors on the dyno now.

Comment

i will definitely be picking up a war chip to replace the TMS chip on my modded S50. Hopefully someone will have a good starter tune for shricks, 3.5afm, 24# injectors, and headers.
                          I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

Originally posted by lbreevesii View Post
                            i will definitely be picking up a war chip to replace the TMS chip on my modded S50. Hopefully someone will have a good starter tune for shricks, 3.5afm, 24# injectors, and headers.
                            In all honesty, our base s52 tune will be pretty darn close to start with. If you feel like getting your feet wet, massaging the tune for your cams and injectors would be pretty easy. We can also help you over email if you need it.

Comment

I'd rather wait to have Dan tune a cammed car first and download the tune, then try to do it myself, but that's just me....Noobs trying to tune their own cars is just a problem waiting to happen...
                              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

People shouldn't be so afraid. You can't mess the tune up to the point your stranded, and unless you literally have you head up your ass, you won't blow it up. People tune carbs all day long, using a computer on these cars is essentially the same thing, just with keys and clicks instead.

If you understand an engine, and the tools are put in front of you to tune, 95% of people would be surprised how easy it can be.

Comment

Working...
                                X