No announcement yet.

Is ICV required MSPNP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont run an ICV I have the WAR chip though. But it idles like ship when cold and will die at first. But when warm a rock steady 900rpm.
    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
      You don't need a cam sensor as you wont be running sequential spark with that system or that coil on a 6 cyl

you will be running wasted spark with that coil and will need to run 3 ignition drivers, that coilpack has three coils
      Originally posted by nando View Post
      When I had MS2 I had an external board with the coil drivers and ICV drivers (glensgarage board), I didn't mount them on the main heatsink. You need two drivers for the 3 wire ICV anyway, I'm not sure there's room.

as far as sequential ignition - not really any point on MS2. There are benefits to sequential fuel, but diminishing returns going from wasted spark to sequential ignition. I can switch mine on the fly and you can't tell any difference at all. MS2 is more I/O limited than MS3, I'd want to save all the I/O I could for better purposes (boost control is one). Semi sequential fuel would be worth doing though, and you don't need a cam sensor either.
      Originally posted by whodwho View Post
      Not thinking >4 cyl sequential fuel or spark is an option on any of the MSPNP units??
      you can do sequential spark, I think up to 8 channels but only semi-sequential injection above a 4 cyl.
      Hi Guys, and thanks for the input, I'm really learning a lot :D
      1. I bought the Cam sensor to enable me to delete the distributor. My current understanding is that I set the cam pickup at ~20deg before TBC and tell MS that is #1 cylinder (?)
      2. I have also bought the MS Quadspark driver, so no need to get inside MS, just connect the wires (?)
      3. Do I then setup MS to do 1-5-3-6-4-2 for Ignition sequence? Sorry if the order is wrong, off the top of my head.
      4. The ICV poses a bit of a dilema as I no longer really have any place to put it without going back to a small throttle body.

Thanks in advance for your further input.

Comment

it's 1-5-3-6-2-4

if you're not doing sequential ignition there's no reason to use a cam sensor
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

you can do sequential spark, I think up to 8 channels but only semi-sequential injection above a 4 cyl.
          MSPNP(DIYPNP and MSPNP Gen2 are Microsquirt based) can only do 4 spark channels, where are you seeing different??
          My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
          4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

ah, I didn't even think about microsquirt. so you can't modify it for extra channels? I guess not since the actual firmware is different.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Not that I have come across, it has two dedicated spark outputs and you use WLED and ALED for additional outputs
              My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
              4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Working...
              X