wideband opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wideband opinions

Any opinions on either the lc1 or aem uego wideband im about to pull the trigger just would like some opinions from people who have used either or both ... thanks
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Used an lc1 for over 3 years without a problem. Just make sure you calibrate it correctly before putting it in and you'll be set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

I prefer the Innovate. The good thing about them is you can buy a replacement sensor from Autozone and they are easy to install. I work at a race shop and we use mostly Innovates, they aren't really trouble free in my experience, but they usually just need a new sensor or need to be re-calibrated. The AEM is self calibrating but I have found them to be a little tempermental. Stay away from PLX and AFX
      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
        I prefer the Innovate. The good thing about them is you can buy a replacement sensor from Autozone and they are easy to install. I work at a race shop and we use mostly Innovates, they aren't really trouble free in my experience, but they usually just need a new sensor or need to be re-calibrated. The AEM is self calibrating but I have found them to be a little tempermental. Stay away from PLX and AFX
        +1. I've taken apart my lm-1 (big brother to the lc-1) to see how they designed it, and I can say they make quality stuff.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

The LM-2 is worth looking into also, it has data logging abilities among other features.
          Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

I had an LC-1 on my last e30 turbo build. It worked just like it should after calibrating it and what not. I would not use it again however after using the AEM UEGO on the new car I'm building. It is so much easier to install. No calibration needed either.

They can both be had for about the same price on ebay.

UEGO: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AEM-6-IN-1-D...debc11&vxp=mtr

LC-1: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovate-LC1...56b341&vxp=mtr

But like I said, I prefer the UEGO
            Last edited by jaywood; 12-13-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I've had an lc-1 for almost 7 years now, no problems.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I recently installed the AEM wide band setup. Easy install, no calibration, very straightforward. Works very well.
                sigpic

Comment

Lc-1 replacement sensor from Autozone or Orileys is also around $50 and offers a no questions asked 1 year replacement warranty.

Had mine for 2.5 years no problems already.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

That Bosch sensor works with the AEM as well but isn't the same connector so isn't exact replacement. Not sure if you can switch the connector shell out but I would think so.

The LC1 has been superseded with an LC2 but haven't looked into the difference yet.
                    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

I'm really happy with my Innovate MTX-L.

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
                      Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

My lc1 works great and has consistently for over a year so far. Plus cheap replacement sensors!

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the MTX-L (LM-2) the new standard for innovate, meaning it surpasses the LC-1?

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
                          Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

I've been running the DIY-SLC from 14point7.com and I like it. It's cheap too, and uses the bosch $50 wideband.
                            '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                            NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                            Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by ZenitramNaes View Post
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the MTX-L (LM-2) the new standard for innovate, meaning it surpasses the LC-1?
                              MTX-L is the wideband built into a round gauge.

As far as I can tell, they all use the same exact hardware inside. So what you are paying for is features. The new Lc-2 I believe is the same as the Lc-1 as far as I can tell, it's just repackaged.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X