Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megasquirt Timing and Fuel Map Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    there is a soft spark limiter, it will retard timing to a certain amount before a hard limiter. It is supposed to make the "hard" limit less abrupt. Usually the base tune timing pull is 12deg, but I've never seen it prevent the hard limit--so it'll keep pulling until spark and/or fuel cut if you have it enabled.


    I really doubt those are 23.8 gph, as that means they are like 1500cc/min injectors...perhaps 23.8lb/hr?

    If you don't have dead times for the injectors themselves, leave the dead times alone.
    '84 318i M10B18 | 93whp/90ftlbs | 147- Safari Beige | MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step

    Comment


      Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
      there is a soft spark limiter, it will retard timing to a certain amount before a hard limiter. It is supposed to make the "hard" limit less abrupt. Usually the base tune timing pull is 12deg, but I've never seen it prevent the hard limit--so it'll keep pulling until spark and/or fuel cut if you have it enabled.


      I really doubt those are 23.8 gph, as that means they are like 1500cc/min injectors...perhaps 23.8lb/hr?

      If you don't have dead times for the injectors themselves, leave the dead times alone.


      Lol yes 23.8 lb/hr and no I couldn't find dead times. I'll check the soft limiter setting


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


        So..... 0.035 gap on the cps and she is revving free as a bird. 6550 no problem. Can't wait to see what it puts down on the dyno next time. [emoji16]


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


          Originally posted by Joegreen02 View Post
          So..... 0.035 gap on the cps and she is revving free as a bird. 6550 no problem. Can't wait to see what it puts down on the dyno next time. [emoji16]


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          No kidding- I know you mentioned early it's "mostly stock", but what all is done to this motor?

          325iX Turdbo RallyX/Beater/Shuttle Vehicle

          Comment


            Megasquirt Timing and Fuel Map Thread

            Originally posted by Fraser View Post
            No kidding- I know you mentioned early it's "mostly stock", but what all is done to this motor?


            So far I have deleted the maf, and have a 3" intake

            long tube equal length headers and 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with magnaflow resonator 53956 and sport muffler 10416.

            Febi HD new version rocker arms, and schrick 284 cam.

            New Greenish blue timing belt and bmw tensioner is a good one can't recall the brand

            Ac and power steering deleted about to do a serpentine belt conversion too

            RHD 7.5lbs flywheel and clutch masters clutch

            23.5 lb pink top injectors

            Walbro 255 pump

            GM intake air temp sensor

            Square Motorsport e36 tps adapter and bmw e36 tps

            Mega squirt 2 now tuned by solani performance of mcallen texas [emoji108]

            AKG Motorsport red motor and trans mounts

            AKG Motorsport short shifter with AKG DSSR

            Clutch fan delete with flex a lite 16" fan and controller

            Turner Motorsport coolest mod (nut where fan clutch was)

            New bmw coil

            IRE 8mm wire set

            AEM wide band with controller

            New bmw narrow band

            Bosch r6 plugs

            2.93 lsd medium case with aluminum front mounts and green urethane rear mount

            All urethane bushings everywhere

            UUC sway bars

            H and R race springs on bilstein b8's

            Z3 rack with garagistic install kit

            Garagistic solid steering coupler

            Garagistic strut tower bars and rear shock reinforcement

            Condor center vent gauge mount with bosch gauges

            Steering wheel from Bulgaria

            Deleted all hvac system

            Sparco corsa front seats with 4 point harnesses

            I guess that's more than the motor there is lots more to it. And more to come. I have the turbo manifold on the way [emoji16]





            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


              Originally posted by Joegreen02 View Post
              If it clears up its back to the dyno to put down closer to 200!

              Not sure a stock 2.5 with a cam is going to get to 200. Probably closer to upper 160's, low 170's. None of the other modifications you listed aside from exhaust will increase power. Even deleting the clutch fan only showed me .4whp on a DynoJet (yes, less than a half HP), and that could have just been the typical variance from run to run. Best case I have seen with headers vs stock manifolds was 5whp.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

              Comment


                Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                Not sure a stock 2.5 with a cam is going to get to 200. Probably closer to upper 160's, low 170's. None of the other modifications you listed aside from exhaust will increase power. Even deleting the clutch fan only showed me .4whp on a DynoJet (yes, less than a half HP), and that could have just been the typical variance from run to run. Best case I have seen with headers vs stock manifolds was 5whp.


                Edwardo says 175 at the wheels 200ish to the crank. He got some pretty decent power out of it before and it was having some pretty bad crank sensor issues. I've decided to forgo the second na run anyway. Got a turbo manifold coming. some more mandrel bent pipe in the garage and I have a couple turbos I'm looking at. By the time I get on days off again I'll have everything available to pull with a little boost and put down real numbers worth snapping a picture of lol




                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  Crazy But Working

                  How do I Insert Picture of Tuning Map


                  M20B25 Rebuilt (Stock Internals)
                  -Arp Head Studs 85ft lbs
                  -Cometic .140 MLS Headgasket
                  -Backyard Port n Polish

                  Custom Turbo Manifold (6-2-1)
                  -Single MVR44mm wastegate

                  Precision Turbo 6766BB @20psi (240kpa)
                  -1000cc injector
                  -Custom Intake Manifold
                  -Precision 28x15x4 Intercooler
                  -Stock Coils
                  -Autozone Sparkplugs

                  I built it to see how far i can go with a "Stock" M20b25 engine!
                  So far its running strong!

                  I trying to learn the timing limits of a m20 engine with stock distributor!
                  Everyone says high boost low timing? But all my m20s love high timing!
                  How delayed are the ignition or coil ?

                  Any info please

                  Thank You

                  Instagram:
                  https://instagram.com/p/BUKV4cQj-Kg/
                  _Jgcustom
                  Lajaim92
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  Last edited by JGCUSTOM; 05-14-2019, 01:42 AM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by JGCUSTOM View Post
                    How do I Insert Picture of Tuning Map


                    M20B25 Rebuilt (Stock Internals)
                    -Arp Head Studs 85ft lbs
                    -Cometic .140 MLS Headgasket
                    -Backyard Port n Polish

                    Custom Turbo Manifold (6-2-1)
                    -Single MVR44mm wastegate

                    Precision Turbo 6766BB @20psi (240kpa)
                    -1000cc injector
                    -Custom Intake Manifold
                    -Precision 28x15x4 Intercooler
                    -Stock Coils
                    -Autozone Sparkplugs

                    I built it to see how far i can go with a "Stock" M20b25 engine!
                    So far its running strong!

                    I trying to learn the timing limits of a m20 engine with stock distributor!
                    Everyone says high boost low timing? But all my m20s love high timing!
                    How delayed are the ignition or coil ?

                    Any info please

                    Thank You

                    Instagram:
                    https://instagram.com/p/BUKV4cQj-Kg/
                    _Jgcustom
                    Lajaim92
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    How is this working out for you? That is a fuck ton of timing and im curious how its holding up for you?
                    - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
                    Interested in drifting in the ArkLaTex? Join us!
                    318Racing.org

                    Comment


                      With a compression ratio over a full point lower than stock I'd expect it to need a lot of timing. Given what I've seen of people's settings in these threads I'd also wager that the offset angle is off, further skewing the timing. I had a Volvo B21FT once, 7.5:1 compression ratio from the factory, it needed a lot of timing too.
                      @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (15psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
                      [b u i l d]
                      [Car of the month: April 2018]

                      0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by varg View Post
                        With a compression ratio over a full point lower than stock I'd expect it to need a lot of timing. Given what I've seen of people's settings in these threads I'd also wager that the offset angle is off, further skewing the timing. I had a Volvo B21FT once, 7.5:1 compression ratio from the factory, it needed a lot of timing too.
                        Im interested in seeing his offset angle and a log!
                        - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
                        Interested in drifting in the ArkLaTex? Join us!
                        318Racing.org

                        Comment


                          Forcefed, you mentioned the 5* drop from 100 to 120kpa. That's what I have going on here as well. It seems to drive well and transition over well. I have verified my tooth angle so timing numbers are correct. What would you suggest that I do to help smooth that transition? This is on E85 BTW.

                          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                          - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
                          Interested in drifting in the ArkLaTex? Join us!
                          318Racing.org

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X