No announcement yet.

Megasquirt Timing and Fuel Map Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On TunerStudio dashboard you can add a gauge that shows you sync loss count. That's the easiest way to see if you are losing sync, besides the tooth logger. It should basically have no sync loss except 1 count every time you "burn" a change to the ECU while it's on. IE if you have the car on for 10 minutes and you burn changes 3 times to the ECU, it should show a sync loss of 3. Anything more and you have an issue.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I’ve found a fuel pressure gauge or sensor is the best place to start there. Don’t swap pumps until you’ve verified it’s the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
        On TunerStudio dashboard you can add a gauge that shows you sync loss count. That's the easiest way to see if you are losing sync, besides the tooth logger. It should basically have no sync loss except 1 count every time you "burn" a change to the ECU while it's on. IE if you have the car on for 10 minutes and you burn changes 3 times to the ECU, it should show a sync loss of 3. Anything more and you have an issue.

Gonna try this out right now. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by justinpirie View Post
          I’ve found a fuel pressure gauge or sensor is the best place to start there. Don’t swap pumps until you’ve verified it’s the culprit.

I was planning on putting the bigger pump anyway so. It's already done now. Lol

Also doesn't appear to be any sync loss

Comment

Originally posted by Joegreen02 View Post
            I was planning on putting the bigger pump anyway so. It's already done now. Lol

Also doesn't appear to be any sync loss

Cool. How is the power above 5000 now. Injector Duty cycle?

Comment

Cool. How is the power above 5000 now. Injector Duty cycle?

It pulls hard up to 5000 power is great. After that she is still floundering doesn't fall on its face but it's still missing. Sounds like a wet distributor cap so I've got a new cap and rotor I'm about to through in there too. Edwardo estimated 170ish to the wheels once the fuel supply is there. I'm doing the injector swap now.

Comment

I don't know how to check duty cycle [emoji2357]

Gonna have to figure out how to tell ms I changed injectors too. So there is that lol.

Comment

I don't know how to check duty cycle [emoji2357]

Gonna have to figure out how to tell ms I changed injectors too. So there is that lol.

In megalog!

Comment

Lol I did a log I'll have to look at it and see. I'm learning I'm learning

Comment

Lol I did a log I'll have to look at it and see. I'm learning I'm learning

Also you can put it on a TS dashboard. Hard to use while driving though.

Comment

Also you can put it on a TS dashboard. Hard to use while driving though.

I'll try that too. This thing is gonna be a beast once I figure out if I'm going super charged or turbo. I'm still on the fence on that too

Comment

What needs to be changed for these injectors?

Comment

Look at this why is my timing going crazy here? What would cause that?

What is the max spark advance for these m20b25

Comment

you are hitting the rev limiter. If you look below it says SPK: revlim retard(deg): 2.7. It takes 2.7 degs from your base to get 34.3.

It's a 2 valve head with a little quench... 36-38-40 is probably in the realm of "correct" at WOT after 3k. To know for sure, you need a dyno, of course.

You need to change your required fuel in your general settings after changing injector flow rate. You also should change dead time if you have it available. It's not the end of the world if you don't have it. It's not as important as some people make it out to be
                              '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                              NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                              Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
                                you are hitting the rev limiter. If you look below it says SPK: revlim retard(deg): 2.7. It takes 2.7 degs from your base to get 34.3.

It's a 2 valve head with a little quench... 36-38-40 is probably in the realm of "correct" at WOT after 3k. To know for sure, you need a dyno, of course.

You need to change your required fuel in your general settings after changing injector flow rate. You also should change dead time if you have it available. It's not the end of the world if you don't have it. It's not as important as some people make it out to be

The Rev limiter is set to 6300 though not 5750. I do have dead time available although I don't know what that is or how it should be manipulated only thing I could find on the injectors is they are 23.8 gph. I did reset that and I believe my problem with the cutting out to be the gap on the cps I'm gonna reset it tomorrow morning and I'll report back. If it clears up its back to the dyno to put down closer to 200!

Comment

Working...
                                X