Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tunerstudio extras...worth datalogging options?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tunerstudio extras...worth datalogging options?

    Hey Guys,

    I have been chasing around some wiring issues that I seem to have sorted out. I am currently using tunerstudio with MS2 pnp from whodwho. I have a t3/t4 turbo setup on an M20. I was wondering if anyone has purchased any of the additional features of tuner studio such as datalogging and some of the other options. I know more from the power commander V side with Bikes I have an autotuner that helps with tuning and datalogging and can make some adjustments based on the drive logs and set ideal a/f ratios. Was wondering what has been worth it for home tuners and wanting to dial in a few things rather than taking it to a dyno and have them tune for max HP. Any comments or experience with these would be helpful. Thanks.

    #2
    I haven't used Tunerstudio in years, but the VE Analizer and logger are pretty critical components.

    Does datalogging cost extra now? Or are you talking about Megalogviewer? On MS3 you can datalog straight to an SD card..
    Build thread

    Bimmerlabs

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by nando View Post
      I haven't used Tunerstudio in years, but the VE Analizer and logger are pretty critical components.

      Does datalogging cost extra now? Or are you talking about Megalogviewer? On MS3 you can datalog straight to an SD card..
      I believe I still have the MS2 version and using tunerstudio since when I bought the pnp unit from whodwho... When you enter in the main screen it says you have the free version and any datalogging or VE analyze is extra. I think its like 60 bucks...

      Comment


        #4
        It's worth it IMO. I still have my license, I just don't use it anymore since I haven't had to touch my MS3 since like 2012.
        Build thread

        Bimmerlabs

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks Nando,

          Anyone else have any experience with these recently?

          Comment


            #6
            you can datalog for longer durations and use the autotune feature to help dial in the fuel. Obviously tunerstudio can't decide what the best timing is so you have to decide on the timing and decide how aggressive you want to be with it, but it is useful to set it up and drive around and get a solid base tune that is 90% there while you figure out the other 10 % like WUE/AE/EAE/ idle, etc.
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

            No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

            Comment


              #7
              It's worth purchasing.

              Comment

              Working...
              X