Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone running magnaflow 14815 on their car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depends on if you want to make a duel exhaust or single.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Just finished my Exhaust with 2.25" from the Y, deleted the cat, and a Magnaflow Muffler. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Umg54WKc8
      I know its in a garage, but it's now parked for the winter and some other work.
      sigpic

Comment

Trevor - your exhaust sounds great; i think I will be going with a very similar setup (no cat, '95 and older cars in IL no longer have emissions).

I'm just wondering though ... from what i understand, as far as the resonator goes, bigger/longer = smoother deeper tone. If that's the case, could I get just a touch more bite and less deep tone with a smaller (~18") resonator?

I don't want to sound like a race car, but i dont want it to be all bass tones either.
        Jay

Comment

No resonator here and all I have is bass until 4k. maybe that just the eta's weak ass cam.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

bumping this up. im doing a custom exhaust for my m50. im using ebay e36 headers. plan on using a Y to run a single 2.5 all the way back. then using a Magnaflow 94106 cat. then using a magnaflow 12580 5x11x22 muffler so it wasnt to loud. im wondering if the duals are to wide to fit in the rear apron to put tips on. i really like the look of the magnaflow 14815 5x8x14 with the built in tips. what can i do to quiet down the 14815 muffler if i do decide to use it.
            NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

I Just had a MF 14815 installed..and HOLY GOD I love it. Seriously, I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No other non-sense, just the muffler, and it sounds amazing. Really good deep tone at low RPM's and when you hammer it it's just a gnarlier i6 sound and just pumps.

Seriously, it makes me want to drive my car SO much more.

On a side note, when the stock muffler was cut off I asked the guy at the shop to lower the car so I could turn it on...WOW...I did not think it would sound THAT good. I had seriously debated just keeping the muffler off because it sounded so god damn good. It sounded like an E36 M3 with a STromung exhaust...

But..for people that want to know, the MF 14815 on an E30 325iS(88) sounds like an E36 M3..honestly, it does. Except for the lack of power, it sounds very similar, imho.
              The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

I've heard magnaflows sound even better on an ETA. I got sick of the droning noise at low RPM's and driving it on the highway though.. Went with one of those IE ones made for the ETA.

Comment

2.5 single...mf cat...borla can...awesome.

1990 325i...w/ header.

..a bit s54 rasp up above 5800.....
                  Last edited by JRKOUPE; 10-19-2007, 11:13 AM.
                  I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

I don't have the 14815 muffler. i have the 14816. MSDS header.Y pipe after the header. mangaflow cat 2.5 then the the muffler. to me it sound very quite. maybe because i was riding around open header for some months and now anything is quite to me lol. i'll post some pics and a video maybe tomorrow. yall might not like the way the muffler sits. because i have it angled it a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X