Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone running magnaflow 14815 on their car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone running magnaflow 14815 on their car?

This muffler right here.
    MagnaFlow manufactures the best exhaust systems, mufflers, pipes and catalytic converters; now being sold directly from our website! We proudly manufacture products in the USA using premium components and the latest technology. Voted 2017 SEMA Manufacturer of the Year!

Double Wall, Straight Cut
    2.25" Inlet, 3" Diam. Tips
    6.5" Tip Length
    5" x 8" Oval Body
    14" Muffler Body Length

only thing i dont like is that it has a 2.25" inlet, and i'd rather have a 2.5" inlet, which they dont seem to have. their race series has 3" inlets, so i may just go with those, i like how the magnaflows sound on the bmw's from what i've heard so far.

go to justmagnaflow.com , the same muffler goes for 152 + free shipping. i havent heard any on e30s becides videos and they do sound great , and with a 152 bux you honestly cant go wrong.

Comment

yeah i'm just worried about the flow, but i can always put a 2.5" inlet on it by welding one on but if the internal piping isnt 2.5" will it be worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI
        yeah i'm just worried about the flow, but i can always put a 2.5" inlet on it by welding one on but if the internal piping isnt 2.5" will it be worth it?
        yup , it will flow as good as a 2.5 inlet .

Comment

I have this exact one on my car, sounds F***ING AMAZING... seriously, this exhaust 'makes' my car, its strangled to a single pipe after the cats, but damn, it sounds mint, and looks clean... I love those tips

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

is going to a single pipe after the cat going to change that "bmw" sound the e30's have?

Comment

Wouldn't it be optimal to keep it original, at least as far as not bringing the exhaust pipe to a single anywhere?

Comment

meh, i got lazy and made a Y pipe at the very end of the cat back, just cut the old e30 muffler off, strung this new one up in there and welded it all back up, it sounds pretty good on a M20B25, would sound better without cats IMO

Comment

Any of you have undercar shots of ur exhaust ??
                  Recent Rebranding!!
                  Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                  E30 SM62/S62
                  E30 M60 V8
                  E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                  Instagram.com/garageaholic
                  Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

What cat from magnaflow would work well on the e30 with this muflfer?
                    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
                    Past: lots of stuff
                    Present: e46 m3
                    2010 F150 Lariat
                    1990 E30 Touring
                    1/4 e34 LeMons car

2004 Malibu 23 LSV
                    2000 Odessey Millenia 210

Comment

Originally posted by craz azn
                      I have this exact one on my car, sounds F***ING AMAZING... seriously, this exhaust 'makes' my car, its strangled to a single pipe after the cats, but damn, it sounds mint, and looks clean... I love those tips

Looks a lot like my old car, which got fixed...

...14816 though.

Have any undercarriage shots of yours?
                      Trevor Ely
                      '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                      '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Reviving an old thread - do you guys have shots underneath the car?
                        - Sean Hayes

Comment

i was looking at the 14186
                          MagnaFlow manufactures the best exhaust systems, mufflers, pipes and catalytic converters; now being sold directly from our website! We proudly manufacture products in the USA using premium components and the latest technology. Voted 2017 SEMA Manufacturer of the Year!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by craz azn View Post

2.5 tubing? can you get sound clips?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                              Reviving an old thread - do you guys have shots underneath the car?
                              Nah, I need to.

Mine is like so...
                              -Y-pipe from where OE catalytic converter was
                              -2.5" single from there on
                              -Catco catalytic converter
                              -22" Magnaflow resonator
                              -Magnaflow 14815 muffler w/ Tips

I've got a sound clip, but it seems it's just large enough to where it's too large to upload on most hosting websites.

...I'm sure it's not the most beneficial design, at this point I was just looking for some more sound, replacing the old OE mid section and all the while, improving the looks.

Eventually, I'll sink the dough on a good aftermarket bolt on.
                              Trevor Ely
                              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Working...
                              X