ie longtube or bavauto longtube??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ie longtube or bavauto longtube??????

i can save alittle by going ie but i heard alot of good things about the bavauto. what do you think?? im sure both will be great but im not sure if i want to spend the extra $$$ for the bavauto's.

Then don't.

If both are going to be about the same, why spend so much on the bavauto ones? If I were to get long tubes, I'd get IE's. I honestly don't think that you'll notice a power difference between the two.
    - Sean Hayes

Comment

i would spend 100 dollars more just to not deal with ireland.
      they are fucking hacks when it comes to anything but taking your money. once they have it communication is non exsistant. their product is fine if you dont mind being treated like a piece of shit
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

That hasn't been my experience.?
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

ive had good luck with ie they called me to let me know that the color of the plug wires i wanted was out and if i wanted anouther pair shipped to me next day or wait. anouther thing about ie is that it comes with a xpipe for less as well...i will also get stearling coat put on.

Comment

Originally posted by n12frost View Post
            ive had good luck with ie they called me to let me know that the color of the plug wires i wanted was out and if i wanted anouther pair shipped to me next day or wait. anouther thing about ie is that it comes with a xpipe for less as well...i will also get stearling coat put on.
            I have their crank scraper in my engine.

When I was puttin it in, I wanted to make sure I was doin it right - so I called them up and they gave me some quick directions.

I've honestly never had a problem. And, I have more products from them on my car than any other specialty e30 place.
            - Sean Hayes

Comment

My 2 cents!

I have never dealt with IE, so I cannot offer an opinion one way or the other. However, I have worked with BavAuto and find a huge advantage is their customer service. Their prices are a little higher than some but man, you order it and get it.
              Since I bought the E30 I have been working with Andy. He owns an 325is so I have confidence in his opinion (ext 1 2 5 8 ). There have been times I have had questions on install and without fail there has been someone on the other end of the phone at BavAuto who helped. This includes Saturdays.

I have heard that BMA is pretty good as well but no experience with them yet.

Comment

its not just me. i know that some have good luck with IE. but many dont. youve seen the threads in the off topic forum . ive seen many complaints on other boards as well. ive had at least 6 deals with them and not one of them went the way it should have. wrong parts shipped,no parts shipped, lead time 4 times longer than they claimed, missing parts and or directions, zero responses to emails and or voice mails.this is just my experience. im glad you guys have had better luck
                We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

good luck, IE has been "saying" that those headers would be available next week for many months now, I gave up on them.
                  90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

yea i went back and forthe from ie to bavauto and i figured ied wait till bav gets theres in. it would be about the same time to get the ie headers but im not hearing to much good from ie. the guy that answers the phone seems alittle bit of a space cadet. bavauto is much better when costomer service is involved.

Comment

i got IE's for mine, because i'm a cheap ass that did not want to spend the extra money on the bavauto's LTs. i'v never dealed with IE before, i got mine through ITG performance so i can't say anything about IE. but i have got stuff through bavauto and they where great to deal with. the only problem i had with my headers is that #5 tube did not line up. i had mine on my car for about over a month now.

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

i had bavauto long tubes and they were awesome, my car pulled all the way to redline and power never dropped of. Quality and fitment was superb and it comes with all new gaskets and heatshields

Comment

the bavauto longtubes are more than likely much better quality.. the IE's are made in china, they look okay but looks aren't everything.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
                            i had bavauto long tubes and they were awesome, my car pulled all the way to redline and power never dropped of. Quality and fitment was superb and it comes with all new gaskets and heatshields

tt....can you speak more about the headers......

what were you running......stock m20?....injectors.....big compression?......inake?/////etc....... you say power never dropped off?.......Im sure it must have at some point but it seems you loved them....please expound. THANKS
                            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Well lets just say the power didn't drop off until the tech let off the throttle, which was at 6600rpm. It was on a stock m20 with 19lbs designII injectors, shitty raised redline chip and the regular homemade intake with heatsheild. My ehxaust consisted of the headers down to the bavauto mid pipes out a brullen(no cat). the sound to some was absurdly loud but eh whatever, it rumbled down low and screamed up top(like a race car). I have a video clip of it on the dyno but i have no way to host it and i'm on 56k

getting them to fit was a PITA it's like a puzzle but once they were in it was nice it didnt' hit anything, only problem i had with them was that they hung really low and i scraped on everything. Surprsingly they weren't flattened out as i expected, theyr'e superb quality. As said on the catalog they're not approved for epa for street usage, so if you wanna pass emissions you'll have a hard time, i found out the hard way. I think the main reason why was that the o2 sensor was only measuring 3 of the 6cyl because it was only one one tube. I hope this helps, man what a novel

Comment

Working...
                              X