Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is anyone running E85 on their boosted cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.3bar?

Comment

req fuel is a fuel constant (pulsewidth adder) used in MS and similarily by other standalone systems. Essentially it's the base pulsewidth for a given injector size matched to the displacement of your engine. by increasing it you can make it run richer without touching the fuel map.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
        Been running E85 for 2 years now on the M30 and love the stuff.
        The advantages for boosted engines are:

More power w/less boost
        Run more timing
        Engine runs cooler
        Oil stays cleaner
        Exhaust does not stink

As far as fuel lines, I still am using the original tank to pump hose, the rest I replaced since I am running two bosch 044's.
        One pump is good for around 430rwhp.

Main thing is larger injectors and enough fuel pump.
        dude your the man, and a true innovator in the e30 game!!

question though should I run e85 on my m50
        or pump 93 and meth injection

I know with the meth I could fill up at any pump and run the meth at higher boost a similar effect to e85.

also I have 1000cc injectors and I am worried about maxing them out if I run e85

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

Originally posted by ogbimmer View Post
          dude your the man, and a true innovator in the e30 game!!

question though should I run e85 on my m50
          or pump 93 and meth injection

I know with the meth I could fill up at any pump and run the meth at higher boost a similar effect to e85.

also I have 1000cc injectors and I am worried about maxing them out if I run e85
          With 1000cc injectors you should be good for over 600whp with E85.

If it's a daily go with the 93 and meth setup.
          If you don't care about gas mileage than go with the E85.
          Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

think they would make similar numbers? I know with meth it should burn like 110ish octane right vs e85 104. Does that sound about right?

Comment

One last question otis?? what do you do in the winter when it is e70 instead of e85? Do you have to re-tune your car, or do you have 2 tunes one for winter and one for summer. Last has your car ever not started or had any problems running on e85?

Comment

Originally posted by ogbimmer View Post
                One last question otis?? what do you do in the winter when it is e70 instead of e85? Do you have to re-tune your car, or do you have 2 tunes one for winter and one for summer. Last has your car ever not started or had any problems running on e85?
                Living in South Florida it's summer year round, haven't really noticed a difference in AFR's.
                When it dips into the 40's it is hard to start, but that has to do with the warm up enrichment settings that need to be adjusted.
                Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

so basically If its below 40 I would have a hard time driving the car. I guess thats not to bad of a trade. I have been looking up e85 station locations all for the past hour lol

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                    It made it to the final 4 until it sheared the crank pulley/timing gear off on the line for the semi finals.

Did anyone else notice this? That's just incredible in my mind. Any chance there's a photo of this?
                    Greg

Comment

Working...
                    X