• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that will work.

John
    The Revolution will not be televised.

Comment

You're going to need some lines on each side of the throttle plate. The BOV uses manifold vacuum when the throttle plate is shut to release pressure-it needs to be behind the throttle plate, preferably on a larger diameter vacuum hose. I ran mine to the bung that used to be connected to the charcoal canister. The FPR, MAP sensor, and the boost gauge can all be run off the smaller port on the rear left side of the TB where the FPR is usually connected. Again, this is behind the throttle plate. These MUST be behind your throttle plate or the engine will never run correctly. I ran my wastegate feed off of the bung on the bottom of the TB that used to be connected to the crank case vent, because that was run to a catch can in order to prevent overly pressurizing the crank and blowing out seals. This one is in front of the throttle plate to help assist the BOV-when shifting at full boost, the throttle abruptly closes, which causes the wastegate to momentarily see higher pressure and open further, reducing load on the turbo, while the BOV opens simultaneously. I didn't think it would make a big difference, but this actually cured my issues with some compressor surge when shifting.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Thank you!!

and my ds is back. picking it up tomorrow. they had it back tuesday but the shop it was sent to forgot to shorten it!! overnighted it for free and since the car isnt running it didnt make me too angry. Having it rebuilt really hurt the pocket though..
        Last edited by Richard Fitzwell; 04-27-2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Wow no sighting of BenM. His Dad has a nice M42 Turbo it's lamenting somewhere.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

^^ Metric mechanic motor,yeah? I'm pretty sure ive seen pictures somewhere.

no progress tonight. helping out my brother with his car.

And when i went to pick up my ds today the guy that was at the counter asked why i needed it shortened. told him i was swapping to a stronger tranny because im about to be making like 2375692 horsepower and he asked where i was getting parts and then goes "why didnt you just buy a mustang or a corvette? way cheaper and parts are everywhere" lololo
            Last edited by Richard Fitzwell; 04-27-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

cant recover password for old account. made new.

We were supposed to ship you order out on Friday but when our adaptors arrived from the machine shop that makes them for us they made the wrong ones. So we can ship your order out minus the adaptor and send the adaptor out as soon as we get the right ways made.
              :( all im waiting on..

The cooler didnt let the bumper slide all the way back on. hammer fixed that.

Decided that i had to do something with the ugly chipped paint on the valve cover and intake. So i scraped the paint of the valve cover and with a little african engineering:

not the best. but better than it was.

Comment

the build looks really nice. I will be putting together my turbo m42 within the next 3 weeks. Your location shows you are in WY, if so where in WY, i live in cheyenne

Comment

I'm in casper but i go to cheyenne pretty frequently. lots of friends and family there. What are the plans for your build?

Comment

Oh nice. Yeah I don't see many e30's here at all. Below is the list of stuff that will be going on my m42. The internals will be stock for now cause i can't afford forged internals and everything. When i get the money though I will be dropping the compression to 8.5:1 and really trying for some good numbers.

Turbonetics turbo t3/t4
                    Good n tight Turbo manifold
                    Megasquirt ecu pre-tuned for a stock m42 @12lbs
                    New in box VAC 42 lb/hr high impedance injectors
                    Aem uego air fuel meter with wideband sensor
                    Turbonetics open wastegate(have both 12psi and 9psi springs)
                    Blitz blow off valve
                    Sparco front mount intercooler
                    custom mandrel bent 3 inch piping from turbo to downpipe all the way back to high flow cat and 3inch Magna flow turbo muffler
                    Tapped oil pan
                    All intercooler piping/clamps and oil lines needed
                    14" electric fan
                    3.73 LSD

Comment

Right on! And yeah, theres only like 5 or 6 e30s here. Since im in cheyenne pretty often ill have to show you the car when its done. let me know if you have any questions on your build as well. maybe i can be of some help.

Comment

Yeah man for sure. When its done let me know when you would be down here in cheyenne. It would be cool to see another e30 lol

Comment

Okay, so im wiring up my gauges and am confused. It says to wire up to a 12v, done, and a "12 volt with lights wire." What does that mean?

Comment

Controls the light in the volt gauge?

John
                            The Revolution will not be televised.

Comment

Thats what i thought. Wired it up that way and when i turn the key the lights to the gauges turn on. When i turn the headlights on the pointer(?) on the gauges move all the way to the right. Anyone know what i did wring?

Comment

Sounds like you have the switched 12v from the head light switch spliced into the gauge signal input.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X