No announcement yet.

Turbo M42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the wires backwards... Mocked up the shifter linkage last night. ill get some pictures soon. Its fits nice and i can get into all gears. broke some stuff so i ordered a new bushing(50 bucks for that little bastard!) and whatever the plastic piece around the shift rod is called.

Comment

Tried starting it today. It cranked. and cranked. and cranked.. I think its a fuel issue. It started leaking at the filter, tightened the clamp, and it started leaking from the next clamp up. checked the gauge on the last crank and fuel pressrue was 75psi.. didnt have time to adjust it or troubleshoot further. back at it hopefully tomorrow, have family in town and the girlfriends grad party is tomorrow (im just a puppy). heres some pictures.

^^ Pain in the ass to get the line to fit.

And some of the mocked up linkage.

Comment

Had the fuel lines backwards.. :embarrased. It fired right up when i swapped them though. videos soon

EDIT: Can someone move this to the project forum?
        Last edited by MF DOOM; 05-21-2012, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Keep an eye on that oil pressure sender. Mine cracked off from the vibrations with an almost identical setup. It's just too much of an inertial moment for the fittings. I ended up making some stainless braided lines to remote mount mine. I highly, highly recommend it, even if just as a safety precaution so you don't end up pumping all your oil out the side of the engine.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! Do you have a picture of your setup? My rpm tach isnt working.. vr sensor? Im sure its not the cluster itself. They guy who did my gauge tested it and said everything was working fine.

EDIT: Found a picture. Where did you find the tube for your iat sensor?
            Last edited by MF DOOM; 05-22-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Think i figured out the tach. If i wire the engine speed input in the top left of this diagram to my ecu should that fix the issue? Is that the same wire that the stock ecu uses for rpms?

EDIT:got it.

New problem. leaking from the upper pan... Any things i should try before i pull it out and replace the gasket?
              Last edited by MF DOOM; 05-26-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

https://vimeo.com/42869838

moved this. still need to clean it up. used some bushing i found in the shop. fits perfect.

leak stopped.. dont know whats going on with it.

Comment

leak didnt stop. just slow drip. Took the tranny off and saw that i have a tiny leak from the rear main seal too. Does anyone know if this is the part i need? Its the part number from realoem but it says its for an m10 on pelican. Ripped the pans off too. frustrating day

Comment

Car runs. Drove it a little but i didnt get the linkage right so it pops out of 2nd and 4th.. going to hopefully figure this out tomorrow. Anyone know if someone sells linkage that will work?

Comment

So i got the car running. aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd then the alternator shit out on me

Also, what should my oil pressure read at idle? it looks like its almost down to 0 sometimes.

and one bad cell phone picture for now

Comment

0 is bad. I see about 10 to 15 psi at a hot idle around 900 rpm. Cold starts are close to 60 psi, and on track near redline I'm right around 60 psi. My sender is teed into the line that runs from that filter housing to my turbo.

Your leak may also be from the shift shaft seal. That's a pretty common leak. Use a very small screw to thread into the seal and pull it out. When you put it back in, coat the outer diameter with red locktite.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Only posting pictures that dont reveal how ugly the rear tires are

ph34r

Needs a nice wax

Comment

Ran it for the first time tonight. Raced my buddies 5.0 mustang. Got him both times! video soon. I had a gaggle of people following me waiting to see what the car would do. Five cars and one dude on a motorcycle haha

Last edited by MF DOOM; 07-21-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

nice. have you had a chance to dyno it?

Comment

Havent had it dynoed. I dont think there is a chassis dyno in the state of wyoming. But the po of the motor said it was around 200hp and 198tq iirc

Comment

Working...
                                X