No announcement yet.

Turbo M42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive got a cold :( This weekend should be productive. Busy with other things tomorrow but sunday the motor will be stabbed in, at some point ive got to fix the wiffles a/c, ill get all my d/s measurements and take lots of pictures for you guys. Ill try and document this as much as i can.

trying to make a list of parts i have and things i need to get the car running..

the have

255 lph fuel pump
    ebay ic and bov (i know...)
    IE poly motor/tranny mounts
    turbonectics evolution wastegate
    Masterpower Turbo T04E stage III A/R .50
    turbo timers on the way here
    econoboost gauge
    new clutch slave cylinder came in and the bolt holes are too small so ive gotta waller em out
    electromotive TEC GT ecu
    stage 3 clutchmasters clutch
    jb flywheel (11lbs!)
    umm...
    COP from an e46 i believe

the need

air filter
    electric fan
    need to figure out what im going to do with the exhaust
    tires...
    i cant think.... I had a much longer list this morning..

My mom just picked up this gem.

And a little preview

Hopefully a real update will be coming this weekend

Comment

Some progress

A few to show how it sits with the 240 tranny mount. not sure how i want to modify this one to work or if im just going to build a new one. when i remember to bring my camera with me ill get some good pictures of how the linkage sits. Its about an inch too long and shifted to the right about 3 inches.

And because i got excited and took a bunch of pictures of my car

Comment

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck....

Dropped the d/s off today. should have it back tuesday. Getting it chopped to 60"

Comment

Interesting this is the kinda build I had in mind for my car. did the pistons com from VAC if so they will be CP. With the lightened lighter internals you should have the car runnung up to 7500rpm no worries. I would have punt that you should be able to pull 400hp from that no problems good luck.
          sigpic

Comment

Ive been thinking about that a little bit recently. I know itll rev that high but im questioning the cams, since they are factory, and whether it will continue pulling hard up to 7500. only one way to find out :) saturday i hope to have most of the wiring taken care of.

Comment

the stock cams are the limiting factor with this engine under boost. im tossing the idea of custom cams but they are super expensive

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
              Ig:ryno_pzk
              I like the tuna here.
              Originally posted by lambo
              Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

It wont see more boost until cams are swapped. They'll come eventually. But for now i just want to drive my car again. Are you running different cams in your setup, Mr. chug? Ive kind of been pushing towards a mm head

Comment

you can make 300 hp on stock cams. If you want more power then that then cams are needed.

Im on stock cams for now.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                  Ig:ryno_pzk
                  I like the tuna here.
                  Originally posted by lambo
                  Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Vac has some turbo cams. But I must say when it comes to turbo cams I am out, haven't read up enough about them to really help there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, so i called the shop about my driveshaft today and apparently they cant shorten it.. The dude said he talked to some other dude at some other shop that has my d/s in stock, can shorten it to my specs, new u joints and bearing for around $300.. more than i wanted to spend but thats what i get for boosting an m42.

Got my wideband from innovate motorsports yesterday. and going to mock up an answer to the linkage dilemma
                      Last edited by Richard Fitzwell; 07-18-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

The guy at the driveshaft shop called and needs a measurement from where the shaft bolts to the flex disc to where the carrier bearing blots up. then a separate measurement from there to the diff. If anyone can get me these i would appreciate it greatly. i cant get them till wednesday and i would like to have them working on this as soon as they can.

As far as progress goes there hasnt been much. got the tecgt wired and thats about it. Oh, and when i walked into the shop this weekend i was greeted by this.

Comment

Steves calling card?
                          sigpic

Comment

8-) Im jealous.... I would love a turbo m42 but i have an ix... I plan on a Turboed m20 but there will always be that part of me that craves a 4 banger. Nice work though
                            sigpic

Comment

I appreciate it :) Got the intercooler mounted. And price of my ds shot up 100 bucks.. ordered everything i need to finish the piping.

Getting close!!

EDIT: Besides all the stuff i keep forgetting i have to do.. fuck.. Oh and my step brother just picked up a civic for $700 and got an ebay turbo kit for it. "are we going to run them?"
                              Last edited by Richard Fitzwell; 04-14-2012, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Can someone help me out with the vacuum lines? ive got it running from the map to throttle, bov, fpr, wastegate, and i need to t in for the boost gauge. will this work? can someone point me in the direction of a site where i can read up on this a little? not having much luck

Comment

Working...
                                X