Heat shielding for distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat shielding for distributor

I'm running a top mount turbo on my M20. Unfortunately, we removed the stock mounting bracket for the windshield washer fluid, so right now, I'm trying to figure out either where to relocate the distributor or if there is a heat shield anyone has created or blanket I can use to protect the distributor in the stock location....ideas?
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

I think you mean coil pack? and if so you can just relacate it somewhere on the inner fender. or if you want to leave it im sure you could just fab up some kind of heat shield out of some sheet metal.
    Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Yep, I meant the coil pack....just seeing what others might have done....really wish I didnt remove the mount for the washer fluid reservoir...it would have been perfect!
      1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

I mounted mine on the valve cover.
        Turbocharged 2.7l M20
        Forged pistons, forged rods, bored block, stock head, KDFI standalone ECU, MSD Ignition setup, T04E turbo running 349 whp
        -Watash Racing Team member-

Comment

Valve cover ara or if your running ms great time to go to wasted spark.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
          -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
            great time to go to wasted spark.
            and a good excuse to go MS if you haven't.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Turbo kit comes with an ms2 unit, so the option to upgrade is there. However, my advice would be to get it running with the stock coil/diz before you upgrade, that way you don't compound problems if they arise.

As for the heat deflection for the coil, you could buy a "turbo blanket" so you wouldn't have to make heat shields for anything. Works well, ebay has them for cheap. If you don't wanna run a turbo blanket, just get a piece of that adhesive heat reflective foil and put on a bit around the coil.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
              PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

I do have a turbo blanket....just thinking if additional heat deflection from the coil is necessary
                1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

turbo blanket and wrapped downpipe and you wont have issues, things dont get too hot like that. I moved mine here(top left) before I went all out on wasted spark

7speedshop.com

Comment

A pan that you cook with on the stove works great! Modify it to fit the hotside and bam, heat shield/ stainless/shiny!~

Comment

Working...
                    X