m20 supercharger kit on its way :18901motorsports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20 supercharger kit on its way :18901motorsports

Hey guys, if you're interested, my company 18901motorsports will be selling my supercharger kit for the e30 in the upcoming months. Heres some of our testing at summit point: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...99263691828605

Our websites under construction, however the email addresses work, so feel free to shoot an email and we can work out an idea of who wants a kit.

Dyno video low boost:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...59856670890056

-Adam
    Adam@18901motorsports.com
    Last edited by Syncro325is; 03-14-2014, 09:43 PM.
    sigpic

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing it finished

Comment

Could you provide some more info than a closed hooded car shot back on April 20th?
      Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 11-30-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

My stock m20 can break loose on a wet roundabout too !
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Haha yeah no problem, rebuilding currently with the newest version of the kit before it's taken to the dyno. Currently it runs 7-10 pounds of boost starting right at 700rpm, no waiting for boost. I'll get some pictures in a minute.
          -Adam
          sigpic

Comment

We are currently having the latest brackets and plates welded this week. We should have pictures of the pieces as well as the newly installed setup. Adam will step in any minute and give exact details but for now the car in the video is running high boost and megasquirt. It was driven too and from the track that day over 2.5 hours in each direction. It is a reliable daily even on high boost.

We are looking to offer a non intercooled kit to start that will run low boost and stock engine management with a tuned chip. This will be a low cost solution for added power. We have worked out the bugs and are ready to start offering this to the e30 world. Once we have the new setup in the car we will dyno and come back with results. Again the setup in this car is much more aggressive then the streetable setup we are offering at 18901motorsports.com If there is enough interest we will instal the offered setup and dyno for HP numbers. As of right now we know the streetable setup will make better then stock power and is well worth the investment over a turbo. This is on demand torque and even at 3-5lbs of boost is a huge improvement in a stock 325e or i.

Please email adam@18901motorsports.com for any questions

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

How much boost is "high boost" ?
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

So, the display car is running a better (high boost) system than the (low boost)~$2,000 bolt on option being potentially offered?

Comment

subscribed for updates! :)

Comment

yes. We will hopefully have a low boost setup to show by the end of the week.

High boost is 11-13lbs. From an eaton supercharger on this motor this is high boost.

Comment

Would definitely like to see specs, options, prices, and parts list. Kit would be turn-key?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer25 View Post
                        Would definitely like to see specs, options, prices, and parts list. Kit would be turn-key?
                        We will have all that info this week. Kit will be turn key for a stock e30. Anything with any sort of mod will need a different tune and that will be up to the purchaser to take care of for now. We are looking to introduce a turn key, easy supercharger kit that will not break the bank or the motor.

Comment

How much money are we talking about?

Comment

In for the pics. Keeping a/c and p/s?
                            Originally posted by Andy.B
                            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                            1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working out all the details for price and horsepower currently, trying our best to make this kit affordable for the many.

The crank pulley is going to be our biggest hurdle to make affordable. I took two pulleys and mated them together when I was originally building this kit, however for production I have a model designed that will be cnc'ed from alum. Finding enough of the right pulleys to cut apart and weld together would be too difficult and time consuming.

As the kit stands power steering and a/c are a no go. We are hoping to update the crank pulley in the future to allow for a/c.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X