MegaSquirt hates my laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
    Any chance you can verify driver version for me? I downloaded the latest from www.prolific.com.

V. 3.4.62.293. It's the latest as of 10/17/2013

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowPr...id=225&pcid=41
    Currently 3.3.7.131

I had a later one loaded on my laptop before this one because it would BSOD but I could not get the newer one loaded on this one so I am at an older version that came with the adapter but no issues with an older version.

Phil has changed up TunerStudio serial code and I think it is not so sensitive to versions now. And on the last version is now supporting TCP/IP network adapters, I have a wireless one I set up that you can tether off your phone and seeing if I can use for remote tuning support while you drive :)
    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
      Currently 3.3.7.131

I had a later one loaded on my laptop before this one because it would BSOD but I could not get the newer one loaded on this one so I am at an older version that came with the adapter but no issues with an older version.

Phil has changed up TunerStudio serial code and I think it is not so sensitive to versions now. And on the last version is now supporting TCP/IP network adapters, I have a wireless one I set up that you can tether off your phone and seeing if I can use for remote tuning support while you drive :)
      Rub it in. :hitler:

Comment

So I got it figured out.

First off - my laptop sucks and is having issues reading COM ports, so that's part of the reason it didn't work.

Part 2 - LC1 connects to the megasquirt (obviously) and then of the LC1 controller, are the 2 headphone looking wires running out of it. 1 says IN, one says OUT. From there, there's a wire that connects to serial which is what I was trying to use all the time not knowing that there was a serial port on the side of the MS controller itself. Plugged that in, works great. Fuck my life I'm an idiot.

Additionally, I found out I have an MS1, not 2 like I was sold. Also the tune is fucked but that's another ball game I won't get into.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
          So I got it figured out.

First off - my laptop sucks and is having issues reading COM ports, so that's part of the reason it didn't work.

Part 2 - LC1 connects to the megasquirt (obviously) and then of the LC1 controller, are the 2 headphone looking wires running out of it. 1 says IN, one says OUT. From there, there's a wire that connects to serial which is what I was trying to use all the time not knowing that there was a serial port on the side of the MS controller itself. Plugged that in, works great. Fuck my life I'm an idiot.

Additionally, I found out I have an MS1, not 2 like I was sold. Also the tune is fucked but that's another ball game I won't get into.
          Part 2 made me lol a bit. Glad you got it figured out. I was starting to get a little spooked because I will be using Win 7 with my MS1.
          1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
          2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
          2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
            Part 2 made me lol a bit. Glad you got it figured out. I was starting to get a little spooked because I will be using Win 7 with my MS1.
            I doubt you'll have the issues I did. I ended up having to get a different laptop to connect it though because my main laptop doesn't like MS, but since then I've successfully connected 3 different computers just to test it. Oh, and the default Win7 driver worked fine for me on 3 computers for the Serial to USB driver.

Comment

Working...
            X