e30 m44 turbo swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 m44 turbo swap

hi I'm new to the forum so I'm hoping I'm posting this in the right place so ill be swopping my m10 turbo out of my e30 in the coming weeks and hopefully slapping a turbo on it. so I've bought a rolled out 1996 e36 318is as the donor car and I've been reading that ill need few things from a m40 motor which I have aswell.im from Cape Town South Africa and the e30 never came with a m42 so can't get any parts from that motor. my questions are what all will I need to use from the m40 motor? and as far has the turbo part has anyone used a piggyback on the stock ecu

thanks

Bump

Comment

piggy backs and m40s.
      you're probably going to be on your own on this :(

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Do u think the piggy back and stock ecu would be able to hold 0.8bar?ill be using 550cc injectors

Comment

From what I've read, M40 and M42/44 blocks are very similar and should share engine mounts. As for piggyback, I'd forgo that if at all possible and go with standalone. Piggbyack was always a half-measure and never that good, and given the fact that you're going with an M44 which has less robust internals than an M10 or M42 tuning progressively and precisely is going to be paramount to the life of your engine.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 1-26

Comment

I've spoken to a few tuners today. And they said the same thing. So guess il be goin with a standalone. I'm hoping for around 250bhp on stock internals or is that wish fil thinking? Turbo il be using is a t3/t4 front housing ar50 rear housing ar48

Comment

Working...
            X