M20B28 Dyno Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20B28 Dyno Results

Edit: I can’t embed a video using Tapatalk so here’s a picture on the dyno. Well after years and years of chasing issues, stupid people blowing shit up, and just general bad luck, Marina is finally making some real power! She made 460whp/440wtq on a mustang dyno which more than satisfied my goal of 500whp on a dynojet. Some details: Forged M20B28 using M52 crank and 8.5:1 on E85 and 20psi. Precision 6262, Bimmerheads 280/274 cam in an otherwise stock head For next season she’ll be getting oversized valves, larger throttle body, and some porting on a flow bench to hopefully keep the power on a little higher and just more general efficiency. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's impressive! I'm currently building a 2.7 liter 325i turbo stroker and hope to get at least 300rwhp with 14PSI. What headgasket are you running? Injector size?
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      That's impressive! I'm currently building a 2.7 liter 325i turbo stroker and hope to get at least 300rwhp with 14PSI. What headgasket are you running? Injector size?
      Cutring gasket and 80lb injectors at 85% duty fed by a Walbro 485 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        Are you documenting your build anywhere? I'm just about done building all my MegaSquirt stuff, which is going to go on an m20b25 while I build an m20b27.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
          Are you documenting your build anywhere? I'm just about done building all my MegaSquirt stuff, which is going to go on an m20b25 while I build an m20b27.
          I’ll putout a post soon outlining my whole build Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

No, mine is just a stock rebuild with studs which should be enough for my goals ...nothing radical. I'm going from 11psi 2.5L to 14-16 Psi 2.7L and Garrett T4/T3 hybrid turbo on my M tech convertible.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I'm really digging your engine build and the color of your ride. I was hoping to hit similar numbers on the same setup but with pump gas and meth. Is that feasible? Or should I just go for E85?
              If I didn't start a build thread did the build really happen?

Comment

Working...
              X