Oil breather "bitch" tube gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil breather "bitch" tube gaskets

I'm ready to re-install my intake manifold after a ton of work in the engine bay. Does the oil return tube need an o-ring on the intake manifold side? Real OEM shows the compression spring, washer, and o-ring going into the engine block but nothing on the intake manifold which doesn't seem right to me. Mahalo for your time.

You're right about realoem but, I wound up putting o rings and washers on both sides.

Comment

Oddly enough I just looked up my car (euro 323i 1985) and this page doesn't show o rings at the top,

but this one does, but its "no matching parts for my car"

but the numbers it gives for the top items you ask about(10 Oring, and 11 washer) are the same numbers given for the lower items in my first link.

So i think its fair to say they are the same part number top and bottom.

Comment

Same part number top and bottom

and yes it uses one at the top.
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          Same part number top and bottom

and yes it uses one at the top.
          Realoem.com lists quantity: 2 for the o-ring and the washer, implying one of each for the top and bottom of the “pipe”. That’s what I used. The zip tie trick makes re-installing the bitch tube much easier.
          Last edited by ghrays; 05-22-2024, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks all. Quantity 2 is the key on realoem. Shoulda looked a little closer. Never saw a washer come off the IM side when I yanked it, but found the lower one sitting next to the hole in the block where it goes. Zip tie method to re-install for sure.

Comment

It can still leak with gaskets.
              It's better to use Reinzosil​ or similar silicone.

Comment

I’ve had better luck using 2 orings but only washer at bottom
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                X