Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 2.8L Stroker Build List, missing anything???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
    Don't forget engine management :)
    Exhaust?
    Head and manifold porting?
    I have a cool trick for using an S52 throttle body.
    And don't forget to post dyno results.
    I am thinking about doing this exact build but with i pistons if I can't spring for the Wiseco's I want.
    whats the trick for using the S52 TB?
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I am in process of collecting parts for 2.8 stroker as well.

Not sure if I want to get different piston though. $500 budget can be used in exhaust, engine management or dyno tune sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by liquidgroove View Post
        I am in process of collecting parts for 2.8 stroker as well.

Not sure if I want to get different piston though. $500 budget can be used in exhaust, engine management or dyno tune sessions.
        What set up are you running? The only way to get to 2.8 is either with an 81mm ETA crank with 86mm custom pistons or an M52 crank and your stock 84mm pistons.

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

I think I'm starting to go a different direction. Sticking with the M52 crank, but going with S50 rods and 86mm JE pistons. And just going to buy a head from MM

I'll be updating the build list soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Overlord475 View Post
            I think I'm starting to go a different direction. Sticking with the M52 crank, but going with S50 rods and 86mm JE pistons. And just going to buy a head from MM

I'll be updating the build list soon.
            if you get custom pistons why not get 89.6mm crank???
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
              if you get custom pistons why not get 89.6mm crank???
              definitely - the cost is about the same.

I noticed you have a VR headgasket kit in that list - the majority of the smaller seals are okay, but the headgasket itself is dodgy, as are the exhaust gaskets. Goetze is much better, and the factory BMW gasket is the best (and also the most expensive).

and still the metric blues :p IMO, stock TTY bolts or studs - no in between. you're not going to turbo so I'd go with stock.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Overlord475 View Post
                What set up are you running? The only way to get to 2.8 is either with an 81mm ETA crank with 86mm custom pistons or an M52 crank and your stock 84mm pistons.
                M52 crank + M20B25 stock piston + 130mm M20B20 rod.
                cam will be schrick 284/272
                very basic and "safe" combo

We have very few M20B27 over here but plenty of M20B20. (lots of 731 heads in junk yards...)

Comment

Originally posted by liquidgroove View Post
                  M52 crank + M20B25 stock piston + 130mm M20B20 rod.
                  cam will be schrick 284/272
                  very basic and "safe" combo

We have very few M20B27 over here but plenty of M20B20. (lots of 731 heads in junk yards...)
                  With that set up the top of your pistons will be sitting 0.5mm lower in the cylinders than a stock b25. So don't forget to deck your block in order to get to the a 9.7:1 CR. When you deck the block you might also have to install variable timing gear on your head in order to make up the difference.

Good luck with your build!

Comment

Working...
                  X