Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not just tune your own Motronic chip?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
    "......and I'll say I'm not worried by anything I see"

Well then, that's that.
    I had to go out for a few hours so could not respond. I thought about that particular line and realised I should have made it clearer. Many of the maps are correct, but there are some errors in certain areas. Those xdf files should not be relied on as they are since there do have errors which need fixing. That is why I said I'm not worried.
    URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Comment

mark is correct here, i noticed plenty of incorrect info in those XDF files also but unless we have an actual bosch motronic developer make an XDF then there will always be the possibility of things not being 100% correct. i have made an XDF for the 173 which is more accurate and also contains more of the maps within the BIN file. i wasnt posting it freely since i have not seen any other XDF available online that are comparable but i have shared it with a few budding tuners/DIY-ers. i didnt want to share it publicly thinking if it got into the wrong hands it might help someone to make money but with all of this shitstorm this midnight tuning dude is causing i really couldnt care anymore. my knowledge is the one thing that cant be obtained/copied so on that note ill post my XDF here for anyone who wants it.

@ mark have a look at it and see what u think.. i was originally thinking of adding it to the tunerpro site but then the thought of people using it for profit put me off. realising now that if someone really wants something they will get it one way or another has now got me thinking of adding it to the tunerpro site again because id rather if be freely available to all than just obtained by leechers who go out of their way to get their hands on it.

my 173 XDF

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

You forgot to change the author of the XDF LOL...All you did was rename the .xdf tittle file and manipulate the map names, and then added a few maps by guessing... This is orginal work by revlimit or hankentt with your twist
        "Raul the Aryan" is found in all the free xdfs on tunerpro by hankentt
        Last edited by Midnighttuning; 03-17-2011, 09:08 AM.
        BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Email:midnight-tuning@rogers.com

Comment

i corrected some map names and information within maps and added tons of maps compared to the original. so much so that its not longer even vaguely similar to his. and guessing? yea i just randomly put in hex locations and randomly sized maps in the XDF in the hopes id stumble on a map.. seriously dude, are u retarded?

would u ever just fuck off already.. no one wants a leech around. this is supposed to be a thread about people being able to DIY tune their stock motronic ECU not a bitching fest like u seem to think it is so shut up or GTFO.

the XDF i used as a starting point to save time by not having to add maps that were already there from scratch is hakentt's and is freely available so anyone who would like to can go and get it off the tunerpro site and see just how much more has been added to mine.

mr.leech here is that busy trying to cover his ass and drag myself and hakentt down with him that he forgot to realise that unlike him myself and hakentt are doing this for the community more than anything else so we dont really care whether one or the others XDF started life as a lesser version of the others XDF or not. the point is furthering the cause.. im sure when hakentt comes on he will say the exact same thing.
          Last edited by DmcL; 03-17-2011, 09:15 AM.

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

I might as well be talking to a wall...
            I'm done wasting my time on you:zzz:
            BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Comment

yea u might as wel ltalk to a wall because untill u piss off were not going to let up on u mr.leech.

do i need to start posting screenshots of the PM's on e30tech where u backtrack about ur claim of me selling/passing "copyright files" as u put it, which is the reason u banned me from ur forum yet i havent been unbanned since u backtracked on the subject.

or maybe i should post the email/messages where u offer me a mark d 318is file and passwords to the BMW file section on ur forum on the condition that i post all the files i have in that section on ur site.. funny u ban me for something u wanted me to do in the first place.

actually u know what.. i think ill post that stuff up anyway just to show how full of shit u actually are.

oh wow look he even wanted the files sent to him personally off of his site as well, i forgot all about that.. good thing i thought to save the email on the off chance something like this would happen in future. and he says i was banned for "selling copyright files" then later backtracked saying he doesnt know if i was or not...

here is our conversation via PM on e30tech after i discovered i had been banned from his site:

Originally posted by Midnighttuning
              Originally posted by DmcL
              why the fuck was i banned from ecuconnections, bear..

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: selling copyright tunes

A ban has been issued on your username.
              selling copyright tunes? my fucking ass.. sort it out.
              I was tipped off by a user who purchased one of your ebay chips and they took a read ... I then decided to have a further look at your account and it seems you passing along copyright files in the PM box witch is a direct violation of the rules... Don't worry your not the only one who is getting the boot... good luck!
              your so full of shit.. if someone bought one of my chips and read it then they would find it doesnt match any other files. i know this because i made the fucking files.

and so i can post up these files in the double password protected BMW only tuned files section where they are sticking out infront of your nose for u to download and use for profit but when i help someone out privately its against the rules?

dont worry karma's a bitch and u will get yours. no wonder u were banned from other chip tuning sites, they had u pegged long ago u fucking leech.

all u had to do was leave me alone, maybe participate in the odd discussion and make it look like u were helping the community and u probably would have got more info, files, etc. but hell u cant even do that right.

oh and if i were u i wouldnt reply to this because i have already alerted the powers that be here on e30tech as to what ur up to so any further messages will also be forwarded on.
              I can't confirm if your chip was copyright or not, but that is not the point as it prompted me to check yours and several other accounts for volitions...

The reason I am banned from chiptuners is because they did not want me starting my own forum for the purpose so people could tune there own cars, simple as that

all the best
              surely posting the same files publicly, well as publicly as 2 seperate passwords to gain entry.. and sharing via PM would breach the same rules so using that logic i should have been banned after posting files on the forum but i wasnt so your full of shit.
              I do not control the tuned files section or even go in there... user : midas has control over that section and had the duty of checking files for compliance, but thanks for bringing this to my attention
              so he claims he did not know these files were posted in the BMW tuned file section on his forum yet below u can see the email from him requesting i first send these files to him off of the site and then that i post them on the site, which he claims he did not know about..

lie much bear?

how are u going to deny this and cover ur ass now bear? huh?

EDIT: @ mods/admin reading this, if worst comes to worst and u guys cannot decide on whos right here i will happily take an IP ban on the condition that this leecher is also given the same. if people want to ask me something regarding tuning or whatever they can find me on other sites so id happily take one for the team just to rid r3v of this scumbag.
              Last edited by DmcL; 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM.

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

Your email proves nothing, because I had to change the password on that account after someone was posing as myself
                I would have never of sent you passwords via email nor a markd file for a 175ecu.. plain and simple!
                not to mention that is a admission of guilt on your part
                I'm not claiming to be perfect here and yes I got banned from chiptuners.org because I was asking to many questions, and they didnt like that fact that I was going to start ecuconnections a open source DIY tuning forum for people to share there tuning experiences
                Last edited by Midnighttuning; 03-17-2011, 10:17 AM.
                BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Comment

I don't get why people would want to rip off a chip or try to make new maps. MarkD and Steve Dinan have already done all the work and its proven with time that they are good. dear god, its only like $190-250 for a chip. thats the cost of 1 tire.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    I don't get why people would want to rip off a chip or try to make new maps. MarkD and Steve Dinan have already done all the work and its proven with time that they are good. dear god, its only like $190-250 for a chip. thats the cost of 1 tire.
                    X2.

IBTL.
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by Midnighttuning View Post
                      Your email proves nothing, because I had to change the password on that account after someone was posing as myself
                      I would have never of sent you passwords via email nor a markd file for a 175ecu.. plain and simple!
                      not to mention that is a admission of guilt on your part
                      lmao seriously dude.. just give it up. the more u lie and are proven wrong the more of a scumbag u look like to everyone.

and where did i say i didnt share any info/files? nowhere because thats not true. i did share some files that were already available online which is where i found them in the first place. files that i obtained from buying chips and reading them i do not distribute freely. and there is a BIG difference between sharing some things for the greater good of the community and to further the cause and what u accused me of originally before having to backtrack in ur PM's to me on e30tech since u have no evidence to back u up on ur made up claim of me selling chips with copied files on them.

oh no wait let me guess.. someone was posing as u on e30tech and thats who sent that PM where u backtracked and had to admit u have no idea about my chips or whats on them.

ur so full of shit ur eyes are turning brown dude.. just give it up already.

i already have one of my chips (bit of a prototype tune on it) sitting with doug hitchcock (a mod as well as an E30 racer) over on e30tech which he will be dyno comparing against his current mark d chip.. the difference in dyno charts will prove my work is just that.. mine. hell i think mark is honest enough to even check my file out if we all wanted doug to send my chip on to mark afterwards to look at. see if mark thinks my tune looks like anything that could have been copied from some other file. i think u will find its all original ;)

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

i vote ban on errrrbody except MarkD
                        harry/harout

Comment

if thats the way its got to be then im all for it.. anything to get rid of this liar/leech.

but ask urself this.. ive been here since 2009.. have u seen me causing any trouble or not trying to help people out, share info, teach people things in all that time untill this douche popped up? no. go ahead and check me out on e30tech too, theres a motronic thread there thats 37 pages long and most of the last 10+ pages i have been helping people and whatnot. im sure if i asked a few people they would vouch for me since im always getting PM's and emails about how to get someones MAF conversion or whatever working. i even share my own tunes with people who want to learn how to do it themselves, the very same tunes i sell on chips to those of u who dont want to DIY.

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

i already have one of my chips (bit of a prototype tune on it) sitting with doug hitchcock (a mod as well as an E30 racer) over on e30tech which he will be dyno comparing against his current mark d chip.. the difference in dyno charts will prove my work is just that.. mine. hell i think mark is honest enough to even check my file out if we all wanted doug to send my chip on to mark afterwards to look at. see if mark thinks my tune looks like anything that could have been copied from some other file. i think u will find its all original ;)
                            Those are some big claims ;)
                            BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Comment

nothing wrong with big claims when they are true dude.. the difference between myself and u (apart from the leeching u do) is that i tell it like it is whereas u lie and make things up to strengthen ur arguement.

see unlike u my tuning business was an afterthought.. i bought the gear to be able to tune my own car, it was only after i started tuning my E30 and bought a few chips from various tuners/brands that i started to see there was room for improvement and as such i improved my own tune and thought "hey, if ive got better i may as well offer it to everyone else". u started business purely to grub money off of everyone elses backs.

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by DmcL View Post
                                nothing wrong with big claims when they are true dude.. the difference between myself and u (apart from the leeching u do) is that i tell it like it is whereas u lie and make things up to strengthen ur arguement.

see unlike u my tuning business was an afterthought.. i bought the gear to be able to tune my own car, it was only after i started tuning my E30 and bought a few chips from various tuners/brands that i started to see there was room for improvement and as such i improved my own tune and thought "hey, if ive got better i may as well offer it to everyone else". u started business purely to grub money off of everyone elses backs.
                                You don't know what your talking about
                                I started in a hotel, while my house was being rebuilt from a devastating flood
                                I spent many sleepless nights jerking off to binary code in my hotel room(one year in a 10x10 room) everyday waking up and testing code going back and forth from the car tracing code and making sure I understood how everything worked..I then made tuning friends threw the community who have both helped me as well as I have helped them... please don't comment on things you have no idea about

I know 10x more then you, and the other big names know 10x more then me, so the only thing I can claim is my product works!

You would have to be a complete fool to say your stuff is going to be better then markd's when you were probably still using the whom broom when he started tuning
                                Last edited by Midnighttuning; 03-17-2011, 10:55 AM.
                                BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Comment

Working...
                                X