Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not just tune your own Motronic chip?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Just wish Motronic had a data link like the other brands, lol, it's nice to see what all the sensors are doing - and having the ability to log.

Next step for us is using GM ECM's in the e30's. Standalone abilities available at the JY for $16 :)
    Motronic does have a data link. Most people just don't know it exists. Now you know. So don't say I never told you guys anything.

Now I am waiting for George to make an application to get that data and import directly into TunerPro. Go to it George. And give it away for free.
    URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
      George... it is cheating to look at a commercial chip and compare that to stock.
      huh?

Originally posted by MarkD View Post
      Motronic does have a data link. Most people just don't know it exists. Now you know. So don't say I never told you guys anything.

Now I am waiting for George to make an application to get that data and import directly into TunerPro. Go to it George. And give it away for free.
      Lol, I know it exists, but it's not as simple as using a db9.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Come on guys you're bickering too much. Not trying to be disrespectful to either side.

-It's not okay to steal others hard work (if you did or tried to).
        -If Mark is stealing from BMW, they'd have him on a suit by now.

-This is info for the DIYer which is majority and basically all of this site. Use it or don't. Stop flaming each other. I for one love this site, never seen such love for e30s.

If nothing creative is to be said, it shouldn't be.

Relax guys.
        WTB: 88 325i Convertible Top

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          Lol, I know it exists, but it's not as simple as using a db9.
          It's not as simple as using a DB9 and I didn't say it was. But you said the Motronic didn't have a data link when it does. It's simple enough if you have an arduino board at your disposal, don't you think? Or even a cheap PIC can take care of it.

Comment

Is that a challenge?

There are plenty of people that hack software/hardware and freely give all the information they find regarding the way a product works.

Your tune is based on the original BMW bins, no? Isn't that in a way stealing.

People should be able to freely distribute information they find regarding the motronic system. Should they distribute your bin files? Of course not. Will they? That depends on the person.

Also, When you release your chips with encryption it will just be a matter of time before someone cracks it. Watch.

Comment

I have no interest in that area.

Originally posted by shay91 View Post
              Come on guys you're bickering too much..
              I agree. And I don't even have a dog in this hunt. MarkD on the other hand does. And out of respect for him - I think him and I should take this to PM's if he wants to continue. Mark - I'll gladly have a civil conservation about this with you - just PM me. Maybe you can even convince me I'm incorrect on something. I know I'm not aways right about everything.

I'll leave you with this. It would be a shame if the OP turned out to be stealing from you. I don't condone that - I've said that repeatedly. If that is the case, maybe you had the right to come here and shit on this thread.

But the next person that starts working on a DIY motronic solution and starts a thread like this, I'd expect you won't come into the thread with your "oh, your way of doing it sucks, you'll never get it as good as mine" attitude. Especially the "you'll never figure it out, it's too hard to do, you'll mess it up, no one listen to this guy" thing - that' the "smoke and mirrors" I'm talking about - and that's what I have a problem with - that's where you and I differ.

This shit is totally doable. People need to know that they can turn their own car - and the tools are easy to use now. This stuff is revolutionary, and more people should be working on this together - this can be the start of some amazing stuff!

Power to the people.

gg
              Last edited by george graves; 03-16-2011, 11:09 PM.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnighttuning View Post
                Recent concerns by professional tuners who advertise on my forums, were brought to my attention the last week witch began with monitoring PM attachment names and users who move/swap the files

If Revlimit and HakenTT are indeed the same person, then he is also banned from my forum for moving copyright titled files in PM attachments, witch is a direct violation of our policy.

Another user by the alias of "DMCL" was involved in swapping or selling of copyright file tittle's
                user claims his product is more aggressive, then other major tuning company's, You could only know that by looking at the various softwares

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WMMotorsports-...ht_1723wt_1140
                oh i see where this is going.. i let the mods/admin on e30tech know what ur really up to and u think u will waltz on in to r3v and dirty my name.

i do not sell anything but my own stuff and who ever said there was anything wrong with looking at other tuners/brands files in order to better your own? selling copies is the point of crossing the line. i can buy a chip from brand XYZ, read the chip and compare the file since i bought the fucking thing.

now for the average joe public here on r3v ill fill in some blanks here about this guy barrie aka midnight tuning. he runs ecuconnections.com and is using it to basically rake in files and info for personal gain. whether he is copying and selling or obtaining and using to compare as i would i dont know but u have to think there must be somethign shady going on when i havent posted on the site in a couple months and go to log on the other day to find im banned for a bullshit "selling copyright files" reason.. first of all as i said i dont sell anything but my own stuff and secondly this swapping files bullshit is just that because he offered me a "mark d 318is file" if i posted all of the files i had in a double password protected tuned files section on his site which is convinieltly set up so that no user bar admin and he himself can see whats in all of the sections, i was only given the password to enter the main tuned files subforum and then the BMW subforum within that. so to sum it up hes banned me for sharing something that he asked me to share in the first place.. wouldnt even give me the password for the BMW section unless i promised to post the files. more recently his little business midnight tuning has popped upand now all of a sudden users of his forum are being banned left right and centre.... you guys do the math here.

hell he even backtracked on the selling copyright files claim via PM to me on e30tech saying he doesnt know. i can quote, screenshot or whatever and r3v mods/admin would like to see for evidence to get this scumbag IP banned from r3v, i also have the email from him regarding posting the files in question and i believe also the one where he sent marks 318is tune if it was in an email, was sometime last year so id have to dig thru old emails/messages and find it. if any r3v mods/admin would like to see the PM's, emails and whatever i have backing me up about this guy drop me a PM and ill gladly help to alleviate our community of an unwanted money grubbing leech.

hes already being considered for a ban on e30tech as he recently joined the forum there to try and leech more files/info.

regarding tuning motronic, no one individual knows it all, not hakentt, not me, not mark d, etc, etc. unless we happen to have a developer that used to work for bosch and designed the system in our midst, which we dont. mark may know more in one area, hakentt more in another area and myself in another area or something to that effect. stuff that is a no brainer to one of us may not even be known by another because so many people dont want to share info. now im not saying everything should be free but i think more info should be given to people who do want to start tuning themselves.. for those that dont then they can buy a chip from mark, myself, or any other tuner/brand.

anyway im all typed out for tonight (well this morning here), i was told about this motronic thread and thought id have a look before i hit the sack but seeing this midnight tuning scumbag on here talking trash has pissed me off, this guy is like THE biggest leech of files and info. if i didnt see it myself i wouldnt believe anyone could be this much of a douche trying to make money off of everyone elses back. hell its blatantly obvious all this guy is about is leeching, hes got contact details for midnight tuning in his signature and its the same over on e30tech.. has he paid for site sponsorship? no. do u see me putting contact details in my signature or trying to talk people into buying my stuff and giving the impression that i know it all? no. i openly admit i dont know it all but i do know alot and im always learning more i knew enough to inform mr.leech here about some AFM related parameters that he didnt know about and argued didnt exist untill i showed him (wish i didnt now that ive seen his true colours tho) if someone asks me can i do a chip for XYZ and i can then ill say yes but i dont shove it in everyones faces like this scumbag is doing.
                Last edited by DmcL; 03-16-2011, 11:29 PM.

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by DmcL View Post
                  oh i see where this is going.. i let the mods/admin on e30tech know what ur really up to and u think u will waltz on in to r3v and dirty my name.

i do not sell anything but my own stuff and who ever said there was anything wrong with looking at other tuners/brands files in order to better your own? selling copies is the point of crossing the line. i can buy a chip from brand XYZ, read the chip and compare the file since i bought the fucking thing.

now for the average joe public here on r3v ill fill in some blanks here about this guy barrie aka midnight tuning. he runs ecuconnections.com and is using it to basically rake in files and info for personal gain. whether he is copying and selling or obtaining and using to compare as i would i dont know but u have to think there must be somethign shady going on when i havent posted on the site in a couple months and go to log on the other day to find im banned for a bullshit "selling copyright files" reason.. first of all as i said i dont sell anything but my own stuff and secondly this swapping files bullshit is just that because he offered me a "mark d 318is file" if i posted all of the files i had in a double password protected tuned files section on his site which is convinieltly set up so that no user bar admin and he himself can see whats in all of the sections, i was only given the password to enter the main tuned files subforum and then the BMW subforum within that. so to sum it up hes banned me for sharing something that he asked me to share in the first place.. wouldnt even give me the password for the BMW section unless i promised to post the files. more recently his little business midnight tuning has popped upand now all of a sudden users of his forum are being banned left right and centre.... you guys do the math here.

hell he even backtracked on the selling copyright files claim via PM to me on e30tech saying he doesnt know. i can quote, screenshot or whatever and r3v mods/admin would like to see for evidence to get this scumbag IP banned from r3v, i also have the email from him regarding posting the files in question and i believe also the one where he sent marks 318is tune if it was in an email, was sometime last year so id have to dig thru old emails/messages and find it. if any r3v mods/admin would like to see the PM's, emails and whatever i have backing me up about this guy drop me a PM and ill gladly help to alleviate our community of an unwanted money grubbing leech.

hes already being considered for a ban on e30tech as he recently joined the forum there to try and leech more files/info.

regarding tuning motronic, no one individual knows it all, not hakentt, not me, not mark d, etc, etc. unless we happen to have a developer that used to work for bosch and designed the system in our midst, which we dont. mark may know more in one area, hakentt more in another area and myself in another area or something to that effect. stuff that is a no brainer to one of us may not even be known by another because so many people dont want to share info. now im not saying everything should be free but i think more info should be given to people who do want to start tuning themselves.. for those that dont then they can buy a chip from mark, myself, or any other tuner/brand.

anyway im all typed out for tonight (well this morning here), i was told about this motronic thread and thought id have a look before i hit the sack but seeing this midnight tuning scumbag on here talking trash has pissed me off, this guy is like THE biggest leech of files and info. if i didnt see it myself i wouldnt believe anyone could be this much of a douche trying to make money off of everyone elses back. hell its blatantly obvious all this guy is about is leeching, hes got contact details for midnight tuning in his signature and its the same over on e30tech.. has he paid for site sponsorship? no. do u see me putting contact details in my signature or trying to talk people into buying my stuff and giving the impression that i know it all? no. i openly admit i dont know it all but i do know alot and im always learning more i knew enough to inform mr.leech here about some AFM related parameters that he didnt know about and argued didnt exist untill i showed him (wish i didnt now that ive seen his true colours tho) if someone asks me can i do a chip for XYZ and i can then ill say yes but i dont shove it in everyones faces like this scumbag is doing.

you don't seem to mind slaggin off tunes by MarkD, Dinan etc and big noting yourself on E30tech.
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

What are you going to say? hey mods this guy was helping me then he found out I was doing naughty things on ecuconnections with other peoples files, but hey you should ban him anyway LOL

The problem is you didn't buy the chips

If I was raking in files, I sure hell wouldn't only be sticking to BMW tuning LOL
                    I have never offered MARKD files ever, that is a buck lie! The only chip I have ever owned and purchased was for my M1.7.2 318is and that was by DINAN.. In fact I cannot even see a 282DME chip for the Later M42 Motors on marks site
                    You are loosing any creditability you had by the second

Your a joke HAHAHAHA
                    You are not worth my time DMCL
                    Last edited by Midnighttuning; 03-17-2011, 01:50 AM.
                    BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Email:midnight-tuning@rogers.com

Comment

This shit is totally doable. People need to know that they can turn their own car - and the tools are easy to use now. This stuff is revolutionary, and more people should be working on this together - this can be the start of some amazing stuff!
                      That is what I am talking about. These ecus are from 1980s, for how long do we need to be in darkness about motronic tuning? I try to shed some light here, but I am getting attacked from all sides.

As for DIY motronic tuning, first person to intoduce it to community was Jim Conforti. Back in 1998 with windows98 he created "DME editor", it was $300 software that he sold, he even provaded free demo. I still have the demo version. And now to listen MarkD complain how he invested so much money in eprom emulators developing his tune, when software was available in 1998, all the tuning maps, rev limiters. Stuff was discovered and made public to community.
                      Now with software being free, and chip burners being so cheap, then why not do it yourself.
                      20 years ago chip burner was $5k, 10 years ago was $400, now is $40

Comment

OP - you really shouldn't post.

You're not doing yourself any favors. And thanks to you being a little bit more than shady, I'm starting to think I owe MarkD an apology.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          I have no interest in that area.

I agree. And I don't even have a dog in this hunt. MarkD on the other hand does. And out of respect for him - I think him and I should take this to PM's if he wants to continue. Mark - I'll gladly have a civil conservation about this with you - just PM me. Maybe you can even convince me I'm incorrect on something. I know I'm not aways right about everything.

I'll leave you with this. It would be a shame if the OP turned out to be stealing from you. I don't condone that - I've said that repeatedly. If that is the case, maybe you had the right to come here and shit on this thread.

But the next person that starts working on a DIY motronic solution and starts a thread like this, I'd expect you won't come into the thread with your "oh, your way of doing it sucks, you'll never get it as good as mine" attitude. Especially the "you'll never figure it out, it's too hard to do, you'll mess it up, no one listen to this guy" thing - that' the "smoke and mirrors" I'm talking about - and that's what I have a problem with - that's where you and I differ.

Power to the people.

gg
                          Geroge, there is no thread at all that I know of here or on any other forum where I said that it's not crackable by anyone who wants to dis-assemble the code and fully understand it. I don't possess any special skills that others don't have. It just takes time, but many of you here think time is free. You are talking like I said that it can't be done because I have some special secrets. I think you need to re-assess what you think I said, as you are accusing me of creating smoke and mirrors when it's not true. And no I won't discuss anything via PM as I can see from your attitude to me that it would be futile. I have nothing more to say to you.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by HakenTT View Post
                            That is what I am talking about. These ecus are from 1980s, for how long do we need to be in darkness about motronic tuning? I try to shed some light here, but I am getting attacked from all sides.

As for DIY motronic tuning, first person to intoduce it to community was Jim Conforti. Back in 1998 with windows98 he created "DME editor", it was $300 software that he sold, he even provaded free demo. I still have the demo version. And now to listen MarkD complain how he invested so much money in eprom emulators developing his tune, when software was available in 1998, all the tuning maps, rev limiters. Stuff was discovered and made public to community.
                            Now with software being free, and chip burners being so cheap, then why not do it yourself.
                            20 years ago chip burner was $5k, 10 years ago was $400, now is $40
                            HakenTT,

I am not complaining how I spent thousands, that was my choice. I only mentioned it because you actually posted that for around $100 plus $200 in dyno time, you could make chips and sell them for 10 years.
                            By the way, I already told you I bought the XDASM emulator in 1989 and that was a few hundred dollars then. I didn't start 10 years ago. I was doing this in my spare time in the 80's. Due to the type of product development I do, that meant sometime late at night, so it took quite awhile to get anywhere. I also bought flowchart making programs that took the output of XDASM and created flowcharts. Back then I used the DEBUG program to edit files but you probably would not want to use that one. No GUI... No pirate wares like I know you must have. A few final thoughts before I wrap up this response to you:

You are not the first to make an XDF for a BMW. I may not be the first either, but at least I had experimented with TunerPro out of interest at least 5 or 6 years ago, and made XDF's for it. They just did not find their way to the internet. I was evaluating the possiblility of making encrypted XDF's for sale but Mark Mansur wanted to keep it open. So that did not go anywhere.

Be careful what you put into the XDF's as some of what is in yours are NOT CORRECT! Of course I checked out a few that you had put on Tunerpro.net about 18 months back just to see what the home tuners have to work with and I'll say I'm not worried by anything I see.

Have fun tuning!

Comment

"......and I'll say I'm not worried by anything I see"

Well then, that's that.

I don't see the need for anything else other than dyno runs with all of "your" chips and then compare the files, see what's who's?

Who's down for the task? I vote GG.
                              turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                              Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnighttuning View Post
                                blah blah blah, lie, lie, lie, cover my ass, cover my ass so im not found out.. blah, blah..
                                dude give it up already and go leech from somewhere else. i bought most of the files i have and read them from chips just like plenty of other people do but selling copies of someone elses stuff is just wrong.. some files i did get online but they were posted up online long before i got into the tuning game and are easily enough available online already and even then i dont freely distribute these files all over the place. i use them for my own comparisons and to help me further my own tune but thats about it.

so u think people here are going to believe a newbie thats offered nothing to the community over someone who has been here since 2009? yea right.. get out before ur found out.

@ digger, yes i talk about other tunes.. primarily because alot of them seem to look very similar whether by chance or if there was a bit of copying or obtaining/comparing going on back in in the day i dont know and i wont speculate on it but i personally believe marks, jim conforti and active autowerke M20 chips arent quite as good as people would like to believe. there are good gains over stock but there is more that can be done and larger gains to be had, i know this because i came up with the stuff that gives better gains.. i have never made any personal comments about mark or anyone else in the game (apart from this midnight tuning douche, who is a douche and a leech) because i dont know the people and i dont want to speculate on their stuff but if i come up with something stronger ofcourse im going to say so.

@ mark d, hi! sorry we havent been properly introduced yet.. lol, props for what u have done in the E30 tuning scene but im not going to lie i think ur current M20 tune could do with a revamp tho i noticed u said u have something in the pipeline just working on encryption or something. wise man, im thinking about similar ways to make it difficult to use my newer tunes. i do share knowledge with budding tuners/DIY-ers but all this "get so and so's tune, copy it and sell as many as u can" carry on that happens is not cool at all. this is part of the reason im so pissed at this midnight tuning douchebag, not only does he accuse me of that with nothing to back him up (and later he backtracked saying he doesnt know) hes most likely duping files himself and is now trying to spread himself onto e30tech and r3v to try and make some money off of everything he has leeched so far.
                                Last edited by DmcL; 03-17-2011, 07:57 AM.

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
                                X