miller PSIK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by handysmurf59 View Post
    Please don't try and compare apples with oranges. My PSIK in on an m20 with less than 100K on her. In about another 150K I will be ready to upgrade to a turbo setup. For now and until my kids graduate college :) the Miller makes sense. For about $900 (PSIK, miller chip, tcm and K&N) I have what drives like a better than new e30. It took about a Saturday morning to install. Who of you has installed his turbo setup in that amount of time? None because its vastly more complicated! Miller is what it is. Bolt on power and throttle response. And beside at WOT that PSIK makes an awesome sound! No tubo lag, no turbo wine.......
    IMO, if I were going to trubo, do an S50/S52 and take here down for the winter and do it right.
    I feel u. but on the website it says the MAF + WAR chip is + 22hp/21torque. and with the war chip u can keep improving performance. and that costs $664!! somethin like that. its the same numbers except u cant improvve it thats all. all miller does is tune the chip for the PSIK with a guess pretty much. its not really custom to your motor, cams, and exhaust.(thats a good point.lol) I wish i had the kit. I just think its over priced and its possibilities are limited. im not trying to clown ANYONE for buying it tho. im just comparing the kits so I can come to a conclusion on which direction im going. thats all. Can anyone post a vid of that intake haulin ass. i wanna hear it again
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 10-16-2011, 10:28 AM.
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkoolE3 View Post
      Can the Ostrich 2.0 be used with out the maf conversion?
      Yes, it is an emulator. Kind of like MS but without the ability to add-on certain things.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
      ^Really?..you would hack up the miller intake kit and fab it up to an intercooler!? that would be even more of a waste of money. not saying the PSIK is a waste of money, cause ive been in a car with one and my m20 is sleeping compared to it.lol but chopping up the design for a turbo, I just cant justify it. I would love to get this intake. It sounds siiick and it works. period. its just that im turboing next summer

Im hoping that once I get the MAF on there it will waken up the motor in a similar way..then i can get the war chip and start understanding
      this is pretty convincing tho: http://www.millerperformancecars.com...III%202.5L.pdf

BBUUUUT...what is ostrich 2.0?? sounds like some kinda software to run a different intake!? that sounds tight but will it give u 20/20?
      Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
      Oh and with the WAR dont u get 2 step. and then u can hold 4 CUSTOM tunes, miller customer support, and a community full of miller tunes. The war chip is just a better deal with the MAF and gives the user endless possibilities with their car. I would love to save money but i think id still go with the MILLER WAR chip and 3 or 3.5 MAF

*note: im saying this without knowing the power results or much of anything about the ostrich 2.0 and volvo maf. its also my guess that youd have to splice for the maf of a volvo to adapt to the beemer. i dont like splicing wires that send important information like that.
      so someone please educate me on this ostrich/volvo set up and i may be considering something different. maybe
      I didnt say PSIK I said MAF and WAR chip, but I wouldnt mind hacking up the PSIK if i already had it installed.. If you feel like spending $700 for something like A MAF conversion, go for it! I am just trying to throw out some options for people who dont. Splicing wires isn't difficult... in fact its difficult to mess up imo.

Like I said Ostrich 2.0 isn't JUST for running a new intake. You can pretty much tune your own car, similar to MS but doesnt have as many nice features.
      -Alex

Comment

hmmm, interesting. what if you could get the PSIK for lets say $400? would you guys still be bashing it?
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Is the W.A.R chip worth the money?
          What adjustability can you get out of it?
          How user friendly is the software supplied with it, and would it be comparable to other programmable set ups like Haltech?

Ive currently got a remapped chip to run my current set up ( intake, big TB, Big cam, exhaust), but would it support mods like individual throttle bodies and ported head and different compression?

Comment

Originally posted by scrood View Post
            Is the W.A.R chip worth the money?
            What adjustability can you get out of it?
            How user friendly is the software supplied with it, and would it be comparable to other programmable set ups like Haltech?

Ive currently got a remapped chip to run my current set up ( intake, big TB, Big cam, exhaust), but would it support mods like individual throttle bodies and ported head and different compression?
            I don't see why it wouldn't work.. from what I've read, the 4 tunes that are available with the software are fully customizable - all you need is the interface, a laptop, and a dyno...

I'd say its worth the money if you take full advantage of the adjustability - you could potentially have a perfectly tuned setup..

Miller PSIK and WAR chip coming soon.. results to follow.......
            Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
              hmmm, interesting. what if you could get the PSIK for lets say $400? would you guys still be bashing it?
              Im not trying to bash it.lol I just like the air filter set up I already have and would just like a MAF to open up its full potential. From what ive read it needs a chip to run the PSIK. But its not a tunable chip. Im just trying to look at it in terms of me wanting to do my own custom intake. the Miller MAF does it and makes the same numbers! thats the best part. the same horsepower increase

if it were 450 id get it. but for now and only because im picturing intorcooler coming out, its the MAF and WAR chip for me.

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                Ostrich 2.0: $175
                Volvo 3" MAF: $35

Total: $205

OR

Miller MAF and WAR chip: $664

Hmm....

Sure you can. 3" is plenty big for a moderate turbo. Hell, some people still use the AFM.
                This.

Installed MAF's on Motronic years ago, they suck. Motronic is actually a speed density system and can recognize boost just like the exact same system did on Porsche's. MAP (aka Speed Density) trumps MAF.

1bar on Motronic is nothing new, anything over that get's tricky, but isn't impossible.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

lol rollingking is talking about my car. when i bought my miller maf kit i had an option of getting a one time set chip to the mods i had already done to the motor (ie, exhaust, cams, tb.) orrrrrrr buy the miller W.A.R chip which was like 300 duckets more.

which i feel like now i should have got with the W.A.R chip now as im looking to go to a turbo setup. In such case i am going to hack up the 3in to set up for the intercooler.

i will say one thing that i have said when ive heard talk about this intake. it changed my mind about liking the m20 in N/A. it will wake the m20 the fack up with simple bolt ons. torque is better, top end is better, responce is better.

its also nice to know that your paying for something that miller took the time to do the R&D on. not some filter u buy down at autozone with the adapter and slap on in 20 or so min, run it untuned, and with no cold air circulation and no performance gain. its def well worth it!!! i sent an email to miller just to tell them how much i loved it

Comment

Originally posted by manjambles View Post
                    lol rollingking is talking about my car. when i bought my miller maf kit i had an option of getting a one time set chip to the mods i had already done to the motor (ie, exhaust, cams, tb.) orrrrrrr buy the miller W.A.R chip which was like 300 duckets more.

which i feel like now i should have got with the W.A.R chip now as im looking to go to a turbo setup. In such case i am going to hack up the 3in to set up for the intercooler.

i will say one thing that i have said when ive heard talk about this intake. it changed my mind about liking the m20 in N/A. it will wake the m20 the fack up with simple bolt ons. torque is better, top end is better, responce is better.

its also nice to know that your paying for something that miller took the time to do the R&D on. not some filter u buy down at autozone with the adapter and slap on in 20 or so min, run it untuned, and with no cold air circulation and no performance gain. its def well worth it!!! i sent an email to miller just to tell them how much i loved it
                    my niggg.lol but yea thats what im saying. my motor is a snorlax compared to manjambles, and i still love it.
                    But Id have to go with miller like he said cause u know theyve done the r&d. im just shocked at what ive been hearing about the customer service. hopefully they can get things together by the time im ready to order which is in a couple weeks

Comment

what do you do with the brake booster vacuum inlet ?
                      3 pedal club
                      200,k+ club
                      cabrio club
                      port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Originally posted by idanity View Post
                        what do you do with the brake booster vacuum inlet ?
                        cap it off
                        I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

Working...
                        X