Schrick 284/272

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schrick 284/272

Just wondering if the 284/272 willl clear stock pistons, With a brand new cylinder head.

329i

a 288 does. not sure why a 284/272 wouldn't
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

check your valve clearances. Many people (myself included) have had piston <-> valve contact with a stock bottom end running that cam.

It did help force me into a 2.8L stroker motor though

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
        check your valve clearances. Many people (myself included) have had piston <-> valve contact with a stock bottom end running that cam.

It did help force me into a 2.8L stroker motor though

Ill measure it myself to be sure, i was just wondering if it was a definite yes.
        I already have a stroker i don't need to be forced into another haha.
        This is a side project.

329i

Comment

shit fellas after recent events don't listen to any clever dick on this forum just check it yourself.

also a 288 does not clear sufficient if the head and or block has been skimmed thats risky advice
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
            shit fellas after recent events don't listen to any clever dick on this forum just check it yourself.

also a 288 does not clear sufficient if the head and or block has been skimmed thats risky advice
            Ill measure it myself for peace of mind.

329i

Comment

It deffinetly clears the Seta bottom end, i can tell you that.

Comment

yeah, as stated above, you just have to check.

288 made contact in my motor.

Comment

Digger is referencing RAXE, Acollela and Bmr all blowing up their fresh rebuilds within a couple months of each other because none of them actually measured clearances. All the motors ran for a few days and then blew shit. I know I won't be assembling my motor (whenever the fuck that happens ) without checking, no matter what cam I end up with.
                  --Will

Comment

Originally posted by CarsSuck View Post
                    Digger is referencing RAXE, Acollela and Bmr all blowing up their fresh rebuilds within a couple months of each other because none of them actually measured clearances. All the motors ran for a few days and then blew shit. I know I won't be assembling my motor (whenever the fuck that happens ) without checking, no matter what cam I end up with.
                    +1 Exactly. ITs like pissin money down the drain if you dont measure.

Comment

Originally posted by structured View Post
                      yeah, as stated above, you just have to check.

288 made contact in my motor.
                      what head gasket were u running? bigger valves?

Comment

I've been saying this for years and nobody ever seems to listen..

there's about a 85-90% chance they *might* clear just fine. on my original engine they were .01mm too tight.

But nobody can say they will definitely clear on a stock motor, not unless they offer to pay you for a new engine when it doesn't.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                        X