What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

I took off my water pump and this fell off. I dont know what it is.

compression spring and pin #18 & 19
    sigpic
    Reich und Roll!

Comment

Its not to important. Only helps the timing belt...........
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Have you run the motor since that fell off? Make sure that goes back on... also check your timing.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

No, i havent ran it since it fell off, the engine is apart right now. Why did it come off when i removed the water pump?

Comment

Originally posted by EuroTrash///E30 View Post
            No, i havent ran it since it fell off, the engine is apart right now. Why did it come off when i removed the water pump?
            There is a notch in the water pump. It rests against it.
            sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche

Comment

I found the notch in the water pump, but I dont see how i get the water pump on with the compression spring and pin on it. Ive looked and on the diagram on realoem.com doesnt match my pully.

Comment

Originally posted by EuroTrash///E30 View Post
                I found the notch in the water pump, but I dont see how i get the water pump on with the compression spring and pin on it. Ive looked and on the diagram on realoem.com doesnt match my pully.
                Sounds like you are in above your head.
                I have ussed a pair of needle nose plies (vise grip preffered) to compress the the spring and slip it in after I have the pump on.
                Other wise you have to hold the pump and fish in the bolts. Which I have done roadside.

May I amend this with I am impressed you got the fan clutch off.

Comment

Yeah, its my first water pump for an e30. So im kinda in over my head, but im trying not to mess it up. I got it back on, Thank you

Comment

If the tensioner is bolted down solidly, it's not super critical-
                    it sets the timing belt tension as you're installing it.
                    Then it just sits there. I guess it acts as a bit of a safety...
                    but if that bolt loosens, you don't have long before things... fall apart...

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                    X