• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standalone >
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      Interesting. I will be looking forward to seeing the Alpha-n map quality and driveability of a standalone vs what you were able to achieve with the Motronic 3.x ECU.
      Me too. The M3.x runs and drives like stock.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Hi John, that is a bit disappointing, thanks for sharing your efforts, there were a couple people waiting on these results to see if it could be done, but looks a little more complicated that one might think!. like you say the later model ecu's might have a much better chance of coping with the change.

Personally i have never tried to play with any std ecu on any car i have modified, stand alone is always the first thing then the world is your oyster!!!

still left us hanging now with the engine results!!

:)
        sigpic

I sell ITB's and performance parts www.racehead.com.au

e21 race car m20 power! 293Whp atmo 2.9
        details here http://e21jps.webs.com

drive by video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOdPbErYlho
        incar race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbr0ZCmjsYM
        incar video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyvDR-B00A
        drag racing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmznH6PND4

Comment

Originally posted by e21jps View Post
          still left us hanging now with the engine results!!
          Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          Changed them, got it to pull a couple times, but could never get over 135whp, and after each run, there was a dead cylinder from a fouled plug ...
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Thanks to Whodwho. Car is running great, needs more tweaking, but the MS is like playing Xbox compared to the Atari of Motronic 1.3, even without the IAT, MAP, or IAC.

This thing hauls some serious dirt. Can't wait to re-visit the dyno :)
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

Thanks to Whodwho. Car is running great, needs more tweaking, but the MS is like playing Xbox compared to the Atari of Motronic 1.3, even without the IAT, MAP, or IAC.

This thing hauls some serious dirt. Can't wait to re-visit the dyno :)

Can't wait for results!

Why aren't you utilizing IAT? All of the Motorcycles i work on that are Alpha-n use IAT even if it is just a sensor near the throttle bodies.
              Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

IAT even if it is just a sensor near the throttle bodies.
                Just leave it dangling, or reading one cyl?
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

Just leave it dangling, or reading one cyl?
                  Most are mounted in an airbox but race bikes with open stacks can use one mounted near the mouth of the stacks to generally measure the temp of incoming air. I'm not suggesting you should necessarily do this, just curious of your reasoning. Most MC engines are a lot more compact compared to an inline 6 with butterflies 2 feet away from each other.
                  Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Most are mounted in an airbox but race bikes with open stacks can use one mounted near the mouth of the stacks to generally measure the temp of incoming air. I'm not suggesting you should necessarily do this, just curious of your reasoning. Most MC engines are a lot more compact compared to an inline 6 with butterflies 2 feet away from each other.

Not going to change the method of madness going on, just curious ;)

Who else would try Alpha-N on a an outdated 8-bit software. Not this guy.....OK so I tried hehe.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

i let mine dangle nearby when running socks drove it for months in summer on 100+F days, not ideal but works temporarily
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Didn't hit 200, but it's healthy. Before and after.

john@m20guru.com
                        Links:

Comment

good result, was this with the spacers or without?

i expect than M50 junkyard swaps into an E30 will cease from this point forward;)
                          Last edited by digger; 10-30-2014, 05:34 PM.
                          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

With spacers. Wanted to try with them and hood closed, then without hood closed, but already over stayed the welcome on the dyno as it was. First few pulls, it was breaking up over 4500rpm, had to adjust the CPS closer to the wheel. Whodoo was kind enough to answer the phone and gave the tip. Figured it may be failing, but guess the MS is more sensitive than the stock ECU.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

To add, judging by the graph, I feel a larger cam would have kept pulling and not drop the lower end power by much, or maybe adjust timing instead but we used a stock fixed gear on this build.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:

Comment

With spacers. Wanted to try with them and hood closed, then without hood closed, but already over stayed the welcome on the dyno as it was. First few pulls, it was breaking up over 4500rpm, had to adjust the CPS closer to the wheel. Whodoo was kind enough to answer the phone and gave the tip. Figured it may be failing, but guess the MS is more sensitive than the stock ECU.
                                Glad that helped and you ended up with a successful session 8^)

Dyno graph looks nice!
                                My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                                4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Working...
                                X