No announcement yet.

2.8l stroker thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually getting two full sets, they dont' sell anything less.. which is fine, gives me extras in case I break another one. :) unfortunately most of that price is actually the overnight shipping. :(
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

got the engine all put together, valves adjusted, etc.

I still have a lot of shit to do.. I just want to drive the damn thing!
      Last edited by nando; 10-13-2010, 05:15 AM.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I hear ya man! Can't wait to see it done! it's looking badass! :D
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

-Wow dude that motor is lookn' GOOD!!!
          1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

yeah, I'm not really painting anything or trying to make it look pretty either, just trying to get shit clean! I can't even imagine how much different my engine bay is going to look; before *everything* was covered in 1/2" of grime, gunk and grease. I bet I lose 10lbs of weight just from all the crud I've cleaned off. :D
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

awesome thread, love the pictures - really makes we want to get off my arse and finish my stroker :)

i might have missed this somewhere, but are you just using a standard head and cam?

Comment

I rebuilt it last year with a shrick cam.. there's a thread buried somewhere with pics and info.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

wow, never seen the oil pan of the iX m20b25. So the the u-joint shafts pass trough the oil pan, mixing with the oil of the engine or is selaed appart?

Looks very clean the engine! I bet you can't wait to get it back to the road. My car it's been out of the road like 1.5 years:(

-Diego
                  Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Also - chris, is looks like hitting and destroying an IX oil pan is less likely to happen than the chances of my hitting my oil pan - due to it's design. kind of funny how that works! ;)
                    - Sean Hayes

Comment

Axle goes through the oil pan but is sealed from all the oil and what not. Engine is lookin great!

Will
                      RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                      Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                      DaveCN = Old Man
                      My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                      If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6
                        wow, never seen the oil pan of the iX m20b25. So the the u-joint shafts pass trough the oil pan, mixing with the oil of the engine or is selaed appart?

Looks very clean the engine! I bet you can't wait to get it back to the road. My car it's been out of the road like 1.5 years:(

-Diego
                        the oil is completely separate, they don't mix together.

yeah, it's been a month.. normally I don't go more than 24 hours without driving my car. motor is now in the car though, just gotta get everything hooked back up! :)
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Congatus man! Im just here looking @ my block waiting to send it to the machine shop. Pondering what im gonna do. Cuase my dreams dont like my wallet very much.

Comment

other than the pistons and other expensive ix specific stuff, it's pretty straightforward and not too bad. my machine work cost less than the new oil pump I bought. :D
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                              other than the pistons and other expensive ix specific stuff, it's pretty straightforward and not too bad. my machine work cost less than the new oil pump I bought. :D
                              How much was your oil pump? I spent a good chunk of change on machine work, just on the bottom end.

Did you not have your assembly balanced?
                              - Sean Hayes

Comment

~$200

no, didn't have it balanced.. no real need to really. you don't think BMW balances the crank from the factory? the pistons were matched together as a set, as were the rods.. it runs smoothly too :)
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X