Ultimate N/A M20 racing engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post

i'm sorry, but no. for a top-notch head, the answer is Rebello.
    I dumped almost $10k on a L30 stroker turbo motor from Rebello for my Datsun 280z only for it to arrive with oil all over it, no less than 8 fully stripped bolt holes all over the head (including 2 cam tower bolts), finger tight oil pan bolts, a destroyed timing cover because the installed the damper incorrectly (damper also destroyed), and it (still) leaks oil. I sent it back only to be stiffed by Dave on the agreed cost ($1100) to have Ignite Performance pull/reinstall the engine. PS..they had 2 other Rebello motors being sent back as well. I was yelled at, called a liar, and basically treated like shit because he has some monkey in a shop who shouldn’t be near a torque wrench. I will crush that damn car before I give that dipshit another $. Rebello is garbage.
    1987 325i Euro/JDM slicktop, coupe
    1977 Datsun 280z: 3.0 stroker, turbo, money pit
    2018 Ford F150 Coyote "work truck"

Comment

Originally posted by Rtalatief View Post

Yep, its always about the bhp/L number and VE , 120 bhp/L from a 2.9 L m20 with 84mm stroke needs 8500-9000 rpm, high duration cams, lightweight rods, custom lightweight pistons and pins. Of course 11.5 CR. A 3.1 L engine only needs 110bhp/L to achieve the same hp numbers.
      A rule of thumb i use is 6500 rpm for 100 bhp/L for a high performance build
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
      X