Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much power can u get with the cheap stroker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if the chip is any different, but the Mahle catalog lists specific pistons for the "M20B27 mtech." They are domed, and look more like B25 pistons than eta pistons, so the pistons must be different.
    This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

I wonder if they used the 130 or 135mm rods?
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I believe they used 135mm (B25) rods and shortened pistons, but I'll check and make sure.
        This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

Originally posted by MrK View Post
          I believe they used 135mm (B25) rods and shortened pistons, but I'll check and make sure.
          Dude...get us some part numbers!

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            Dude...get us some part numbers!
            if they are even still available, I bet the cost of a set of these pistons would be about the same as custom forged 86mm pistons. not worth it IMO..
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

In South Africa we also had factory 2.7 models called 325is. The 325is Evo II was rated at 155 KW (210 hp).

I posted some pics of 325i and the 2.7 Mahle pistons as well as profile comparisons on our South African forum.

The 2.7 engines use the 135mm conrods. The gudgeon pin is higher up in the piston to compensate for the increased stroke of the crank.

Comment

Super Eta piston compression w/ the 885 head is 8.5:1. I made a 327i (2.7L which is what an eta has stock) out of my Super Eta by carrying all the "i" components over. Metric Mechanic states that this is good enough for ~170-180hp and good for ~100K miles when driven hard. I'd say it pulls much better then a stock super eta. I have a 3.25:1 LSD on it as well that helps with pulling. Stock w/ the 3.25:1 LSD made it an even race to 60mph w/ Andy's Euro 1986 325is.

Now that it is a 327i, who knows. ;)

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                X