Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any picture where extra 3 oil channels are drilled in eta-head ?

Is it possible to use old gearbox sensors (m 1.0 basic) with m 1.3 ?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by spirit_of_mind View Post
      Is there any picture where extra 3 oil channels are drilled in eta-head ?

Is it possible to use old gearbox sensors (m 1.0 basic) with m 1.3 ?

thanks in advance
      by gearbox sensors im assuming you mean the sensors on the bellhousing. the i (mototronic 1.3) doesnt use the sensors on the bellhousing for crank position. they have their crank position sensor on the on the front. so to answer your question, no. as far as pictures i dont have any. hope that helps.
      Originally posted by Ferdinand
      I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

Originally posted by euromk2 View Post
        Love that intake manifold. Where is that manifold from?
        it looks like a 323i
        I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

Comment

i am planning on building a 2.7 stroker with 2.7 crank, 2.5 rods and "i" head. my question is, does anyone know the best place to get pistons for this setup? or does anyone have a part number or a custom piston build number and from what piston company?
          :up:

Comment

Hey guys,
            I have a few questions about the list of necessary parts that Kenika65/EtaSport acquired.

1.) Did you switch out all of these parts at once, or one at a time? If you didn't do them one at a time how do you know which ones are necessary?

2.) Do you know why the 173 ecu cannot take the signal from the older (rear) crank position sensors?

3.) What is it about the i injectors that make them necessary? Are they of a different resistance?

Thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcfanatic View Post
              Hey guys,
              I have a few questions about the list of necessary parts that Kenika65/EtaSport acquired.

1.) Did you switch out all of these parts at once, or one at a time? If you didn't do them one at a time how do you know which ones are necessary?

2.) Do you know why the 173 ecu cannot take the signal from the older (rear) crank position sensors?

3.) What is it about the i injectors that make them necessary? Are they of a different resistance?

Thanks!
              1.) there are specific parts that are diff between the i and eta, they took all the good parts from the i and put them on the eta, it is your job to figure out what parts are necessary by SEARCHING

2.) the crank position sensors on the i and eta are completely different.

3.) i injectors are necessary because they are a different impedance, but while your replacing injectors you could go with a higher flow injectors such as mustang injectors.

4.) a lot of your questions can be answered by using the search function.

Comment

Don't be a prick. Only my last question could be answered by searching. Don't bother posting if you're just going to bitch.
                sigpic

Comment

ecu question

i'm building a 327i project and i have a #153 ecu, my question is will the #153 ecu will work on the 2.7i?

Comment

damn ive been gone a while soooo the 153 ecu has idle issues so dont use it unless it works for you.

Yes you have to swap all of these parts at once, it is to accommodate for the different wiring harness which doesn't have flywheel sensors or even connections for it.

To make this CLEAR you practically have to strip the eta down to this.

And then strip an i car down and replace all the eta parts you took off with i parts.
                    And come up with this.

That easy.
                    Last edited by kenika65; 03-17-2009, 09:07 PM.

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                    1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Just a few questions:

I have and 1987 325. I want to swap to a i intake mani, i throttle body, with i head, i 173 ecu, 1.3 Motronic Harness and sensors, and i dual exhaust. Do I still need the i afm, i fpr, i pulleys, i belts, i thermosat housing, and i plug wires, and what head gasket set should I use? Can I use the my rods as well or do I need i rods?

Would I have to mill the head down at all?

I know I will need that fues and the tach, but do I still need all that?

And how much more hp would that give her, and around how much would all this cost??

How much differnece in hp would putting seta pistons in make???

I know this is a lot of questions, and I was reading most of these post and I just want to get everything set before I start, because my car isn't currently running( http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=131646) and want to give her a little more power.

Please help out as much as you can.

Thanks.
                      Last edited by dager325; 03-18-2009, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kenika65 View Post
                        damn ive been gone a while soooo the 153 ecu has idle issues so dont use it unless it works for you.

Yes you have to swap all of these parts at once, it is to accommodate for the different wiring harness which doesn't have flywheel sensors or even connections for it.

To make this CLEAR you practically have to strip the eta down to this.

And then strip an i car down and replace all the eta parts you took off with i parts.
                        And come up with this.

That easy.

Can i just get a chip for the 153 ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by rcfanatic View Post
                          Don't be a prick. Only my last question could be answered by searching. Don't bother posting if you're just going to bitch.
                          dont bitch? i was only letting you know so you wont get reamed by other members. ive been on here since 2005 and ive seen this topic coverd so many times. all your questions could have been answered by searching. if youre not so much into being "bitched" at id suggest going to e30tech.com. its a much more noob friendly place.
                          Last edited by mikegar; 03-20-2009, 09:30 PM. Reason: i was drunk

Comment

Would it benefit me much if I were to get an ecu with a DINAN chip on a eta motor with MOT 1.3? Would I loose on the low end? Would it be worth it?

Brian

Comment

Hello,

I swapped the following items on my '86 325 because Summer is coming up, and for some reason in very hot weather, the engine would randomly stall (normally when idling)

AFM
                              TPS
                              FPR
                              thermostat housing with all sensors (only 2)
                              crank position sensor with reluctor wheel (front crank pulley)
                              spark plug wires for the pick-up on wire #6
                              injectors
                              ICV
                              173 ECU

The problem I am having now is that I get no spark or fuel injection. Another thing I noticed is that the check light does not blink anymore (or come on at all for that matter). Any suggestions on where I should start for locating the problem?

Thanks,
                              Adam
                              Last edited by rcfanatic; 04-10-2009, 02:58 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know why I am not getting a check light? Would it be a problem at the harness or could it be that the ECU is shot? How would you go about testing it if you didn't have an extra ECU to swap in?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X