Huge problem... Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duodvlhntr View Post
    Alright, alright. Great suggestions guys. As far as M30's go, I don't know where to find one... (I probably should though...) I don't really feel like doing the research right now so some help would be nice. I'm almost considering a SR20. Just because it'd be easy to find parts and aftermarket support for it. But no Honda suggestions. Let's not go down that road.
    Getting an sr to work would be mega expensive. Think "lots of custom work"

Aside from the exhaust being on a different side, you're going to run into the issue of it hanging reeeeealy low in the engine compartment because, I believe, they run vertically and are not offset quite like our m20's are.

There are a few Honda engines that might almost just maybe work but none of them are from passenger cars; accept for one: the f20c.
    Do it!!

In all seriousness though, drop an m30 in there and be done with it.

~Zar4

Comment

So, yea. I found the problem. Dangling from the chassis. I have pictures and would really like someone to tell me what this part is.[/IMG]
      what the? how in the hell did you break that part of the block?

no really, I want to know - that's pretty amazing right there!
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Drop in an M30 and be done with it. When I blew my M20 I did that and was very happy with the results, and everyone knows how to do it. And in case they don't, there's a full section on it on the site.

Do. It.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know how I did it. If I knew, I doubt I would've done it. It probably had something to do with the fact that my low oil pressure light was constantly on even after I put more in. I thought it was probably just gaskets so I was going to replace them when I put on my new timing belt. I guess I was too late. The easiest route seems to be the M30. I'll try to find one. But this idea of the F20c... Hmmm... I do love s2000's... And from what I've read, you put a turbo on there without much internal work and get 325hp... Nah, I'll go for the M30.
          sigpic
          Been over a year and it still doesn't the other motor mount made...

Comment

So, yea. I found the problem. Dangling from the chassis. I have pictures and would really like someone to tell me what this part is.[/IMG]
            Last edited by funcrew; 02-21-2008, 12:51 AM.
            "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

You know, I realized that today as I was standing around at work. Woulda done more good if I had noticed how fast my oil was leaking earlier.
              sigpic

Comment

So I had an interesting thought just now. It doesn't seem that like that smart of an idea, but what a M42? It'd be a fairly simple swap and I might be able to find one easier. Other than power loss, what's the drawbacks to this?
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X