pillaged the hoard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whodwho View Post

Nice! love to have one of those, you happen to keep up with what those go for now
    I saw an exact copy at a gathering in Charlotte a few years ago and IIRC the ask was about $50k. Im sure they are a fair bit higher today. The 23:window was the Mac daddy
    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Revisited this thread as it's interesting you cut the pistons to clear the crank, rather than turn the crank (my lathe is JUST large enough to turn them). At first I was curious about the balancing, but after cutting up some long skirt 9.4:1 Euro pistons, I realized that the m20 pistons are within a few grams of m54b28 pistons. However, the m20 130mm rods are quite a bit heavier than the m54 (40gm difference) which leads to my question:

How is the engine "shaking out"? lol.

I know using one rod from a different engine makes a noticeable vibration at 6-7000 rpm. We spun a bearing last year (literally 5min to go in a 14hr race, and our second car got t-boned on the same lap :/) and in a rush since we only had a couple weeks between races, so just threw another rod in. It was one of the lighter m20 rods, so it couldn't be weight matched (A1 vs B6). Curious what the +40gm does without a re-balance.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

You still have too much V in your blood, inlines aren't sensitive to rod and piston weights as long as they are matched. No calculating and using bob weight voodoo involved with inline and h-opposed crank balancing.

It is running well, I haven't been driving it much as the registration is outdated and I still haven't gotten around to it and now it is a bit apart with the SC project going on 8^)
        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
        4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Yeah, born in the vee engines, automatic thinking. After going back to the machine, was daydreaming (thought experiments) and answered my own question lol. Most of my work was 60? which weren't "as" bad as 90?.

Feel nice and torque-y? I making a couple of similar combinations ATM, can't wait to get some numbers on them. One is gonna go in a locals' race car, so it will definitely be dyno'd at some point. :)
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

It feels to have much more torque but I think it may have more to do with the higher compression as well. I will be curious what figures you get out of them
            My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
            4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Working...
            X