m30 schrick 284/280 cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30 schrick 284/280 cam

where can I find this for the cheapest? Turner doesn't have it listed online but they come up when I search. VAC wants like 600 for said cam. I swear I heard they were going for 400ish somewhere...
    Jah bless! :pimp:

$600 sounds about right to me. I don't think a Schrick cam was ever as cheap as $400 - maybe back in the 90's.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ireland sells 284 regrounds for like 190

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

shiet. closest I can find is ebay.de, 420 plus 60 to ship. Funds are tight but I'm not putting my head back on without a lil cam. I'd get a regrind but I heard they wear pretty fast.

Comment

I have not heard that before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

mines a regrind dude so what u trying to say? lol but if you ask me all i see is a brand name that sells. i dont see my cam (a solid piece of metal) going anywhere anytime soon. The difference is the reputation sells obviously they do quality work too but so do many other places that dont have the rep. Thats just my opinion obviously if the regrind was from a unknown source then i would be weary.
            88' BMW 325is - Daily

Comment

Feel it. idk about m20s, but I saw a pic of an m30b35 cam reground by IE with some decent wear. Ill try to find the thread.

Comment

I was able to find a Paul Burke T31 cam (287/279) used with less than 500 miles on it over on MyE28 for 450 shipped. Look around a little more and you'll find some good deals.
                My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

this has me not liking the idea of a regrind.

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                    http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=55649

Also 8+ years old they could of changed machinist and many factors could of played into the failure of that cam

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

call paul burke and get a cam from him, he'll probably be able to give you one thats suits what youre trying to do
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                        call paul burke and get a cam from him, he'll probably be able to give you one thats suits what youre trying to do
                        I doubt you'd be able to get one. Paul has been battling some health issues the last few years and, as great as his products are, won't deal with him again. I ordered my pistons from him in February of last year and it took until december to get them. He knows his stuff, no questioning that, but I won't make another purchase through him, unfortunately.
                        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                          I doubt you'd be able to get one. Paul has been battling some health issues the last few years and, as great as his products are, won't deal with him again. I ordered my pistons from him in February of last year and it took until december to get them. He knows his stuff, no questioning that, but I won't make another purchase through him, unfortunately.
                          hes got a guy working with him mark last time i had correspondence a couple years back, they may have cam on the shelf

mark@performancepartsracing.com
                          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                            http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=55649

That wear is not due to it being a "regrind". That wear is indicative of poor lubrication and/or lack of zinc phosphorus. Notice the metal "smear" marks just off the apex, tell-tale sign. I've seen cams (billet, regrind, schrick, ie) with wiped lobes over the course of a track weekend.

Another option would be to have a "custom" ground cam from a rough chilled-iron casting (Paul and Mark buy the blanks from IE who buys in bulk out of Europe). You'd have an up charge though, given the grinder would have to be setup twice (one for each pattern). https://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/E28...billetcam.html
                            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

That's crazy how important additives can be! Ill try to find the specs on the IE 284 regrind. If it's similar to the schrick (more lift than b35 @11mm, with similar overlap to b35) then I'm going with IE. Looking for streetability, with the option of using the same cam when I boost in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X