No announcement yet.

1987 325e sedan M30B35 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, that's something I didn't expect too! Happy you enjoy it though, rebuild and race again!
    '85 Alpine Weiß 2-door with m20b30 ground up build

Comment

did the key break on the harmonic balancer?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
        did the key break on the harmonic balancer?
        Yes. I've had my key way break on my harmonic balancer several times. I even tack welded my crank nut, still came loose. When I build my new engine I will have the entire rotating assembly professionally balanced at the machine shop. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been waiting patiently for these. 94mm bore, 10:1 compression ratio, the increase in bore will bring the displacement from 4340cc to 3581cc. Should pick up at least 15hp from the increase in displacement and the higher compression ratio. After new years I'll send the block, pistons, and crank to get bored and balanced. Can't wait to put this engine together. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like how your build is going.
            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

where did you get those pistons from?
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                where did you get those pistons from?
                VAC sells CP Carrillo pistons. It only took 4 weeks to get them, which is pretty quick for custom pistons. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by st.petebiodiesel View Post
                  VAC sells CP Carrillo pistons. It only took 4 weeks to get them, which is pretty quick for custom pistons. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  That’s wicked fast! Awesome. Still planning on running pump gas? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Took only a week to get my machine work done. I had the block bored up 2mm to accept my larger pistons. The engine displacement went from 3430cc to 3581cc by increasing the bore to 94mm. I also had the crankshaft and entire rotating assembly balanced. I was so excited to drive my e30 again I assembled the engine in 1 day. Just to make sure I checked the valve to piston clearance by bolting the head on with an old head gasket and modeling clay on the pistons. I didn't measure the exact amount, but it appeared to be ample. I gapped all my top rings at .023" and second rings at .026". I wanted to make sure the ring gap was large enough for a significant amount of nitrous. I bought a S38B38 head gasket because the bore is now 94mm and the S38B38 is 94.5mm. I slapped everything together and didn't take any pictures. I drove the car all week to work, changed the oil and took it to the drag strip. It did pretty well with only 160hp of nitrous. Time to build a multi stage nitrous system. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

what a fantastic thread and build

Comment

Took the car to the local 1/8th mile last night. Ran 3 consecutive 7 second passes. I changed my launch technique and increased the nitrous from 160hp to 175hp. This thing launches so! hard! Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

awesome. we need a vid!
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Just finished my second nitrous stage. I added an additional dry nozzle before my throttle body This is my first main stage. Currently jetted for 175hp And my second I had to upgrade my line going back under the car and into the trunk to a -6 AN. The -4an can't flow more than 200hp especially with my long run to the trunk. I then Y the main feed right before the 2 solenoids. This line is -4 AN. My setup right now is 175hp right out of the hole. I have it setup to activate at 2800RPM and WOT, but I launch at 4000RPM so it's on immediately when I floor it for launch. Then I have my second stage activate at 3800RPM. It's currently jetted for 100hp but I can increase it to 175hp. I may have to increase the stage 2 on RPMs but it will require fine tuning at the track. Here are my current settings. I haven't tested the system yet because I am on the stock fuel pump, and am afraid I will lean it out with a 275 shot. I'm thinking it will be close to 450-500whp. The goal is to get into the ten second 1/4 mile range. As you can tell, I'm addicted to drag racing. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

are you still thinking turbo down the line or just nitrous for now?
                              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                                are you still thinking turbo down the line or just nitrous for now?
                                I'm having a lot of fun with just the nitrous. It hits way harder than any turbo car, however it lacks the up top power of a turbo car. I took my car back to the 1/8th a couple weeks ago and pulled off 7.03 second at 99.67mph with a 1.5 60 foot! That is as fast a stock Dodge Hellcat!!!! Second best pass of the night, still not bad. A short video. This pass was only a 7.3. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=shDFh_KpMUE I'm gonna keep slowly increasing the nitrous till it seems unsafe. I data log every run and adjust the tune as necessary. It would be insane if I could get this thing to run a 6.4 (9second 1/4 mile!) Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X