1987 325e sedan M30B35 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wworm View Post
    are you still thinking turbo down the line or just nitrous for now?

Comment

Someone continue on the legacy!!

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

I have a bit of bad news for you guys.

While working on my pool salt system today I got a random FB messenger message from a complete stranger.
        A guy found my e30 sedan in a junkyard and found an my registration in the glovebox. He then found me on FB. He wanted to know more about the car.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	received_713597803999767.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	10107698

Name:	received_314486764703249.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	10107697

I sold this car in early 2021. I lost interest in it, even though nothing was really wrong with the car, and it was in it fastest form it ever had been.
        In the last 6 months of ownership I only went on a handful of joyrides to scare the shit out of my friends and relatives. Which, I really did enjoy. Having close to 600ftlbs of torque at 3000 rpm was crazy. The cost of nitrous didn't even bother me. I figured ever 10 seconds of nitrous time cost me about $12.

I really got into fishing during covid and lost interest in wrenching on cars. Pursuing both hobbies to the level I found acceptable was a financial impossibility. Fishing offshore on a boat is pretty expensive.

I sold my car to probably the worst possible person I could if sold it to. A young man with no place to wrench on cars (lived in a complex) that had no skills working on cars. He told me he planned to put the interior back in it, which I had removed because the drag strip insisted I weld in a roll cage to continue racing. I was running consecutive 7.0 second 1/8 miles at 100mph. I dipped into the 6.9 once and they freaked out because I wasn't wearing a fire jacket.

I tried to tell the kid that this car was basically a race car at this point and any attempt to return it to a full interior street car wouldn't be worth the effort.

The kid messaged me saying that he had to pull the transmission because while attempting to change the transmission oil, he fucked up the fill plug port so bad that a machine shop had to get it out, and he had already emptied out oil from the drain plug.

He then struggled to get the car in a driving condition after this failed repair. I think he got it back together but couldn't get the clutch to work or something dumb like that.
        I imagine he then ran out of time/money/or the patience of his apartment complex and was forced to get rid of my 10 second, 3.6L, cammed, M30 swapped, beater sauraus.

I'm glad the guy at the junkyard found me, so that I could explain all the stuff in this junkyard car. Someone I'm sure will end up with my engine in thier car one day. I'm also really glad that I took the time to document all the things I've done to the car on R3V.
        that was the first thing I told the guy. Read my car thread.

Name:	Screenshot_20231104_172645_Gallery.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	10107696 RIP turd

Name:	received_284881777224734.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	10107699

Comment

maaaaan what a sad ending. I was very close to buying it from apartment complex kid when he listed it for sale, but had too many projects going at the time so i bailed. It was listed as needing a trans at that point, i think. I thought he sold it, but apparently he sold it to the salvage yard. what a shame. thanks for the update!
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

I sold that car way too cheap. I used the money to buy this used 2019 Tacoma Sr5 (before used cars got stupid expensive) it still has less than 50k miles on it. Most of the fun money I would of spent on the e30 goes to boat gas and tackle/bait. I do get a lot of enjoyment from fishing and boating in general.

Name:	20221001_163547.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	10107854 My wife now drives this truck and I'm driving a 1999 Tacoma with over 300k on it.
            I'm playing around with the idea putting a K24 in it with a TH400, and a ford 8.8 axle. I probably won't though. Everything on the truck works perfect despite the mileage.

Name:	20230827_114608.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	10107855
            I did find this online though.

Name:	FB_IMG_1617876939690.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	10107856
            Attached Files