318is --> baby M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet progress.
    Are you planning on intercooling the charge or just going full spicy taco?

Comment

Haha I was just thinking about that - I think my first iteration will be leave it as-is, and then I can attach an intercooler in. I still have no idea where I will mount the AFM and the TB :-/ I mounted the TB right at the inlet of the SC for now, but I dont know how I like that setup. I might go bellows out of the TB and mount them somewhere on the side of the fender, wherever I can find factory holes - I dont like drilling or cutting into anything...

Comment

If you don't like cutting into stuff then I'd guess your best bet is air to water intercooling as well.
        You mount the intercooler somewhere along that blue silicon pipe, then mount the radiator for that at the front, but then you'd have to remove the electric fan out front and just keep the pull fan. then, you might maybe wanna switch to a big boi electric pull fan.
        You'd need a small baby electric pump and a reservoir for that circuit as well. Maybe then a temp sensor or a switch to turn the pump on at whatever temp you want.

I'm a dumb idealist so every solution I give opens a whole can of worms idk please ignore me.

Comment

Originally posted by Artem View Post
          Hey guys, sorry meant to bump the thread a bit earlier. Over the past month I did quite a bit more work on it. Ultimately, I did the following:

* One of the rear calipers was stuck, so I had to replace that one and pads as well - they glazed over...
          * The wideband + water temp + boost gauges were installed and are running alright, just need to hook up the water temp gauge after the supercharger plumbing is installed
          * The front brakes I installed the 280mm rotors and wilwood calipers and everything seemed to be running well, but I did have to battle the dust shields a little bit - everything it TIGHT in there
          * The engine got new 30lbs injectors and the updated ECU firmware
          * The supercharger is physically mounted to the engine with belt and output plumbed to the intake

Pics follow :)

Cheers,
          Artem
          Interested in hearing about the Wilwood setup. Not particularly impressed with my stock (Girling) brakes on my recently-acquired S52-swapped E30, and considering that kit (the 15" edition)
          1985 E30 S52 - Daily Driver
          1986 M635Csi - For the best days

Comment

any updates?
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Unfortunately took a bit of a break over the winter (and started a new demanding job) so nothing much to report back yet. The wilwood brakes seem to be working well, you just cant run anything that's . I just have to sort out the intake stuff - found out I need to use rigid aluminum pipes interconnected by silicone hoses, so that's on pause for now. Waiting to see if the supercharger kit makers can send me a set of rigid pipes to play with, but the weather has been utter crap here, and thats currently the biggest blocker (besides the lack of free time). Hoping maybe to get to it in the next month.

Comment

Working...
              X