my new ride..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new ride..

so ive been in the e30 gang for a good minute this is my 4th one now..i have a 92 325i vert also had a 89 325ix and a 89 325i..now i got this baby for no lie 750 and the guy drove it to my house well delivered it cuz the water pump went on it and i already replaced that...its a 91 318is and i found the original bmw service book in the glove box..it does need a little work but minimal..but i think ill have to change the timing chain tensioner since its makes that diesel noise..but the thing is that it started doing it when i changed the oil today..and it did it at idle for the first 5 mins and i revd it up some and now it doesnt do it anymore while idling....so i think tomorrow im just giong to let it run for a while and see if its because the oil hasnt really gone through..also its been sitting in storage for the past 7 years and the oil and filter was pretty damn dirty, but enough with the talking here are the pics of the car

and here is the video of the engine

if u can help me out and let me know if it is the timing chain tensioner

Dunno about the tensioner, but check the profile gasket if you haven't already.
    What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
    90 325ix

Comment

which gasket?

Comment

oh ok i know what u are talking about now..but thats fine and if ur talking about the vacuum tubes underneath the intake then hells yea i have to change that out..almost all those hoses are fucked haha

Comment

Theres a good writeup on it... not sure if its a sticky or not. Either way its the first things that comes up if you google mess under the intake
          What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
          90 325ix

Comment

the lifters may need to pump back up because its been sitting so long. take it out and drive it for a while. the ticking will most likely stop

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

well im actually about to do that e30jake..and dj thats another thing i was thinking..but i cant drive it yet...its not registered and im just trying to fix it up before i put it in my name..but yea thats what im hoping for..but if not then ill be taking it to the shop and doing the tensioner and guides

Comment

Nice ride, there was I time when I would've killed for those cloth sport seats!

After listening to the video I'd say you definitely need to check out your cam gears and update the tensioner piston.

Comment

Thanks man. Yea I did that today. The gears are fine. I'm pretty sure it's the tensioner and/or the guides.

Comment

Sounds to me like a timing chain tensioner. Replace it ASAP. Also drop the lower oil pan and check for debris & bolts...that's one of the M42's trademark "pranks".

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

yea i started reading about that not too long..since bmw dont torque there bolts or something like that lol

Comment

OP - sounds like you scored good with that car! I like the cloth interior better than the vinyl. My 318is has the vinyl seats and they do get toasty during the summer.
                        Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Haha yes they do. My very especially. Butt toasty

Comment

So I guess I won't be keeping this motor for long. Got a m52b28 laying in the garage. Just gotta accumulate parts and get the head resurfaced.

Comment

replace that steering wheel or just remove that wheel wrap its ugly. Overall I dig your e30.

Comment

Working...
                              X