Interest in Bolt on Turbo kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all Dyno shoppers:

Jake has almost completed my kit and I will provide a before and after Dyno at 9 psi. I'm guessing I should have something by the first week of February if I get the kit in the next week or so.

Should Santa put a new E30 M3 under my tree tomorrow than all bets are off.
    work in progress

Comment

If people are interested in a % increase pool let me know, it would be nice to have a shot at recovering my Dyno cost!!
      work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
        If people are interested in a % increase pool let me know, it would be nice to have a shot at recovering my Dyno cost!!
        Count me in. I hope the rest put their money where their mouth is and chip in and find this info.

Thanks for doing this..

Comment

Okay, so lets say $10 a guess.

My turbo will use the tubular manifold and tune as provided by Jake at 9 psi.

The car is a 1991 318i with about 140k. It currently has an aftermarket CAI.

pics: http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/4236451429.html

My guess is a 61.5% increase in rwhp.
          work in progress

Comment

My guess is 43.5% increase.

Comment

Hey guys new to the forum I am very keen for this kit if it's being made just need a complete price (praying to God this can be done as the eBay kits are terrible hope get a rreply lol

Comment

You may wanna re-read the whole thread. The detail is in here and base pricing is listed also, but varies as a function of customization.

Comment

Yes best to just email me jake@classicdaily.net
                  www.classicdaily.net
                  1970 m42 swapped 2002
                  1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                  https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Off topic, but Mike...just happened to notice you're in New Orleans. I actually live in Slidell.

You ever venture out to the Sunday meets?
                    1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Comment

This post is alive

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Comment

Just picked up a stage 3 clutch from clutch net. I will let you guys know how it works with this setup. I called and thats what they reccommended. Might not test drive until spring though. Plan is to get it balanced with my JB flywheel. Hopefully i can cool the rattle.

Comment

*crickets.... any updates from those who purchased?
                          www.BottleneckGallery.com

Comment

Actually just pulled my clutch and flywheel. Bringing to the shop to get balanced today. Still salt on the roads so won't test out until April or so.

Comment

Well, I tried to do the right thing when I put together my exhaust and I got a "high flow" cat. Turns out cheap catalytic converters are cheap and it basically fell apart. Pulled it off and gutted it this weekend and man, the car runs way better now. This thing pulls like crazy in 2nd gear.

I probably have about 4,000 miles on my turbo now and I have had no problems (that weren't my own fault). It will definitely reveal where your car may be lacking in other areas (*cough* clutch *cough*), but the kit is legit.

Comment

Glad to hear you are enjoying the kit and its been working well for you.

Still waiting to see a dyno chart from someone!!
                                -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Working...
                                X