No announcement yet.

Interest in Bolt on Turbo kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I am going to pick up a Dyno on Friday to have one in house....once it is up and running I will be posting dyno charts. Also will be fine tuning tunes and more development for the m42.
    www.classicdaily.net
    1970 m42 swapped 2002
    1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
    https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

You Rock Jake!

Comment

Can't wait to see updates...joined R3V just for this thread.
        Jake-email sent.
        '95 E34 540i 6 speed dd'd and tracked with mods
        '88 E24 635CSI 5 speed dd'd and tracked with mods
        '91 E30 318is 5 speed...soon to be turboed

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
          Well I am going to pick up a Dyno on Friday to have one in house....once it is up and running I will be posting dyno charts. Also will be fine tuning tunes and more development for the m42.
          Very cool!
          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Stage 3 clutch seems to hold fine. The clutch is nice, not much firmer then stock, I wouldn't have even noticed.

Comment

Just made my order! I will post detailed pics of all parts I get, and of each stage of the install process. I have a friend with a DynoJet and I will do before and after with AFs with the basic bolt on kit.

I will track this car as well as dd it, and will give feedback on both.

Jake has been responsive, and very helpful and I am excited about getting this done (6-8 weeks before I install).
              '95 E34 540i 6 speed dd'd and tracked with mods
              '88 E24 635CSI 5 speed dd'd and tracked with mods
              '91 E30 318is 5 speed...soon to be turboed

Comment

Any chance you may offer ecu tuning for normally aspirated m42s in the future?

Sent from my SGH-T769
                Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
                LED Bulb Thread
                R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
                  Any chance you may offer ecu tuning for normally aspirated m42s in the future?

Sent from my SGH-T769
                  Yes that is a possibility. Won't be any time super soon tho as I have a lot of other things to come before it.
                  www.classicdaily.net
                  1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

So a question a bit off the beaten path, with the caveat that I'll be strongly considering buying your kit next winter once the race season is over and I have some play money:

With this being a rallycross car, I have pretty limited interest in having a low-mounted FMIC. It would get limited air anyhow since I have a large skidplate, I'm thinking, but more importantly there is a big possibility of damage to it. Not sure how large the FMIC is exactly, but what about the possibility of a TMIC mounted (more or less) above/behind the radiator (over the fan, which on mine is a Spal electric). I already happen to have a large opening cut in the hood there anyhow (for general cooling) and could add a low-profile scoop a la Subaru Legacy. I guess my question is whether this would be a reasonable place to mount a TMIC, and/or what is the possibility that it would actually fit (including piping)?

Just curious. :)
                    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
                    Track/street e21 build
                    visit Condor Speed Shop
                    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

I don't think there would be much room there to fit an intercooler. You might have to cut a HUGE hole to make it work
                      www.classicdaily.net
                      1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

The intercooler is not that low, really. The bottom of it is basically flush with the bottom of the bumper.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4146.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	7165058
                        I'm sure with a little more creative piping you could get one just behind the kidneys, especially if you get rid of the high beams.

The main problem with relocating things in the engine bay is the requirement to use the stock AFM. There is just no where to put it on the passenger side of the engine bay, so it has to make it's way across the front of the engine.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4151.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	7165057
                        If that piping wasn't there, I think there would totally be room for a long intercooler in that space (which would also look badass with the scoop). You might be able to rotate the turbo so the outlet came above the intake, but then you would run into hood clearance issues.

Or you could just do what these guys did and move the radiator back. Vidya But then you run into AFM routing issues again.

Basically, if you go standalone engine management, you have a lot more options.

Comment

Really, a water to air setup would be perfect, and it would squeeze right in there.

Comment

What's the lead time looking like right now?
                            91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

You could switch to an IX washer fluid reservoir & free up some room in the passenger side...
                              I Love my Bimmer. :up:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316184

Comment

Originally posted by Leon T. Trout View Post
                                The intercooler is not that low, really. The bottom of it is basically flush with the bottom of the bumper.
                                [ATTACH]83524[/ATTACH]
                                I'm sure with a little more creative piping you could get one just behind the kidneys, especially if you get rid of the high beams.

The main problem with relocating things in the engine bay is the requirement to use the stock AFM. There is just no where to put it on the passenger side of the engine bay, so it has to make it's way across the front of the engine.
                                [ATTACH]83523[/ATTACH]
                                If that piping wasn't there, I think there would totally be room for a long intercooler in that space (which would also look badass with the scoop). You might be able to rotate the turbo so the outlet came above the intake, but then you would run into hood clearance issues.

Or you could just do what these guys did and move the radiator back. Vidya But then you run into AFM routing issues again.

Basically, if you go standalone engine management, you have a lot more options.
                                Leon, did you look at putting the AFM right in front of the turbo? I didn't play around with it too much but it looked like as a possibility. You could stuff foam behind the low beam and then squeeze the AFM right in to the foam. It wouldnt be a normal filter but rather a foam block or something similar with the AFM providing a pressure fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X