Interest in Bolt on Turbo kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ocell View Post
    What's the lead time looking like right now?
    Id like to know this as well. Joined for this thread. Im definitely interested. Ive been busy tying up some loose ends on the engine to get it ready for a turbo set-up and I happened to come across this thread.

Comment

Best to email me direct, jake@classicdaily.net
      www.classicdaily.net
      1970 m42 swapped 2002
      1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
      https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Dyno results?

Has anybody dyno'd a car with this kit yet?

I'm very interested in doing this as an alternative to an m52b28, but as I'm located in the UK and nobody here has used this kit, I'm trying to gather as much information as possible before committing to anything.

Also has anybody got any pics or info on a downpipe for RHD as I would need to get one of these made seperately?

Thanks, Dave :)
        IG: @davelarge

Comment

I have a kit in AUS. He had the downpipe made. email me jake@classicdaily.net

No dyno yet but I have one in house now just not up and running just yet. Should be going middle/end of june.

thanks
          www.classicdaily.net
          1970 m42 swapped 2002
          1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
          https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

I'm totally sold on this kit, and will most likely be placing an order in the next couple months. Just gotta sell my Mustang first. It's an '88 OSP SSP in Boise if anyone's interested ;)

Strictly out of curiosity, how long was the install time for you guys?
            1985 318i - Square Tube Chassis, 383ci SBC, Turbo 400 w/Transbrake, Ford 9".
            Quickest Pass: 10.55 @ 129 MPH
            Currently seeking a set of front & rear euro bumpers for this car.
            sigpic

Comment

You can do it over a long weekend. I had my exhaust almost ready to connect to the downpipe, which helped. The most time consuming part, it seemed, was the usual e30 nonsense (rusted bolts, etc). Modifying the front valence requires some trial and error, but it's not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon T. Trout View Post
                You can do it over a long weekend. I had my exhaust almost ready to connect to the downpipe, which helped. The most time consuming part, it seemed, was the usual e30 nonsense (rusted bolts, etc). Modifying the front valence requires some trial and error, but it's not too bad.
                Thanks. It's my DD, just wanna make sure I plan accordingly.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey sixty saw that your local, join up on the idaho e30 page on facebook i'd love to see your setup in person
                  Check Out My Photography

aPapester Photography Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by aPapester View Post
                    Hey sixty saw that your local, join up on the idaho e30 page on facebook i'd love to see your setup in person
                    Im on there. I created the group :)
                    sigpic

Comment

Just out of curiosity could alpha-n tune be made for this setup to remove the AFM altogether and tune with a AFR gauge to make sure your not leaning out?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jrockbk View Post
                        Just out of curiosity could alpha-n tune be made for this setup to remove the AFM altogether and tune with a AFR gauge to make sure your not leaning out?
                        Alpha-n and boost dont go together. You could always buy Jakes kit and then later on go with a megasquirt ecu. No changes would need to be made other than tuning.

M42 turbo build.
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=301330

Comment

Originally posted by Leon T. Trout View Post
                          How did you get the exhaust made so it would match up with the downpipe's location before everything was installed?

I've never messed with a turbo setup, so forgive me if it's a stupid question. I've just been assuming I'd need to drive to the exhaust shop with no exhaust after installing the turbo.
                          91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Disregard that last post. Jake answered through e-mail. The system is quiet enough to drive with just the downpipe (O2 sensor mounts in it) if you don't get on it hard.
                            91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

It's not too bad I drove mine around for a week before bringing to the shop

Comment

Bump. Emailed Jake. Seriously considering one of these kits.
                                '91 318is turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X