X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vivek
    replied
    Originally posted by BimmerJones View Post
    I will be installing a apexi avc-r black series ebc when the time comes.
    Damn I have so many questions that I feel I should PM you, but others may be interested too. Why are you going with an ebc? Can the tune adapt to changes in boost on the fly? My understanding was that the tune needed to be changed (either a different map in a standalone or a different chip for Jake's piggyback) when the boost level is changed.

Leave a comment:

• BimmerJones
    replied
    Originally posted by brads2002 View Post
    Looking good! Any suggestions for what parts to have on hand? My kit should be shipping soon.

Thanks
    Gear wrenches helped out, an assortment of metric socks, regular and deep, obviously a torque wrench, extensions, a t-55 torx socket to get the bumper off, (yours may be allen) and that's basically it. Good luck and let us know how it goes! Getting the manifold on is the tough part, after that it's pretty smooth sailing, just make sure to use a little gear oil on the o rings for the fuel injectors to help them seat into the rail, ask me how I know.

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BimmerJones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vivek
    replied
    BJ, how exactly are you upping the boost? Manual boost controller with the rest of the setup the same?

Leave a comment:

• brads2002
    replied
    Looking good! Any suggestions for what parts to have on hand? My kit should be shipping soon.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• BimmerJones
    replied
    Pictures!

Sorry for the delay.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BimmerJones
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    With 15 lbs and a 4.10 I suspect you'd be unbeatable. That's a boat-load of boost for a stock M42 though, forged bottom end and all. You'll def need arp studs and a new exhaust setup with that kind of pressure. Def not an 'entry' level setup I'd say.

PO went cheap on my M42 turbo setup, including I suspect not replacing the head bolts when he pulled the head. I had all sorts of oil and coolant leak issues, spent quite a bit on a gorgeous custom 3 piece exhaust setup. I have other E30s and the M3 so decided to go back to stock on this one, at least for now. Reading this thread though so... :-)

I have a 2.5" turbo back set up straight back to a dynomax super turbo muffler. I feel like it should be sufficient for 14.7 - 15 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• BimmerJones
    replied
    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
    15psi is pretty wild in mine. granted I have different parts and a built engine,its most likely going to feel about the same.
    I have the utmost respect for your build, one of the best m42s around. Reading your build is what made me decide to go this route.

I have arp studs going in with a completely rebuilt head and fresh gaskets. I just bought a spare motor and tranny so I plan to push the stock internals to see what they can hold and for how long.

All the tuning is done by Jake. Been loving driving this car and it hasn't missed a beat. No sounds of detonation and the afr stays right around 12 at WOT. Gas mileage really hasn't suffered that much either guys. As soon as I am able to put down a full bar I'l get to the dyno.

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
    Facckk can you make an m20 one for the same price
    It's on the list but I need someone to bring me a car or I need to buy a e30 with an m20.

Leave a comment:

• Killacortes
    replied
    Facckk can you make an m20 one for the same price

Leave a comment:

• Vivek
    replied
    I plan on visiting the dyno as soon as I get the tune squared away for a full bar of boost, right now it's around 9 psi so I can't wait to feel 14.7. Probably about a month or two away. I'm at work but will post pictures tonight.
    Is Jake doing this tune for you or are you going with standalone management?

Leave a comment:

• Vivek
    replied
    Hey guys, I have purchased this kit and the car is up and running! I have to say first that Jake is an awesome guy to work with, he has helped me every step of the way, with installation and trouble shooting little miscellaneous issues.

Now to the kit, quality of all the pieces is fantastic, all the welds look great on the manifold and downpipe. The intercooler piping is bead rolled, I had him powder coat mine gloss black, nice finish. I did have to go to the auto parts for a few little things here and there, but anyone with a little more experience than myself could easily knock this out is a weekend. I had some issues from user error installing the injectors and when I let Jake know what was going on he sent me a new set just in case. When I was running into no start issues, Jake sent me another dme with the tune installed, that he checked on his friends car to make sure it was working, now that's customer service.

First impressions with driving the car... It is amazing. The power is just incredible especially after 4,000 rpms, so much torque! It really throws you back in your seat and it has made me fall in love with my e30 all over again. I can't wait to install a fresh head gasket with arp studs and crank up the boost! It the form it's in now, I bolted this kit on to a stock 165k mile motor and it seems to be loving it. I'm walking stock e46 m3's and driving the car is just an absolute blast. I was originally going to buy another e30 to drive daily but this car is so much fun I couldn't imagine not driving it everyday.

I can't stress enough how great of a seller Jake has been to work with and he hasn't shrunk or disappeared at any issue and is continuing to help me out on a daily basis. Anyone on the fence thinking about it, I'm telling you from experience, just go for it. I'll post pictures asap and continue to let you guys know what is happening but it is by far and above the most fun car I have every driven and the power finally matches the handling characteristics of this lovely machine BMW made.
    This sounds awesome.

Leave a comment:

• MF DOOM
    replied
    Hey guys, I have purchased this kit and the car is up and running! I have to say first that Jake is an awesome guy to work with, he has helped me every step of the way, with installation and trouble shooting little miscellaneous issues.

Now to the kit, quality of all the pieces is fantastic, all the welds look great on the manifold and downpipe. The intercooler piping is bead rolled, I had him powder coat mine gloss black, nice finish. I did have to go to the auto parts for a few little things here and there, but anyone with a little more experience than myself could easily knock this out is a weekend. I had some issues from user error installing the injectors and when I let Jake know what was going on he sent me a new set just in case. When I was running into no start issues, Jake sent me another dme with the tune installed, that he checked on his friends car to make sure it was working, now that's customer service.

First impressions with driving the car... It is amazing. The power is just incredible especially after 4,000 rpms, so much torque! It really throws you back in your seat and it has made me fall in love with my e30 all over again. I can't wait to install a fresh head gasket with arp studs and crank up the boost! It the form it's in now, I bolted this kit on to a stock 165k mile motor and it seems to be loving it. I'm walking stock e46 m3's and driving the car is just an absolute blast. I was originally going to buy another e30 to drive daily but this car is so much fun I couldn't imagine not driving it everyday.

I can't stress enough how great of a seller Jake has been to work with and he hasn't shrunk or disappeared at any issue and is continuing to help me out on a daily basis. Anyone on the fence thinking about it, I'm telling you from experience, just go for it. I'll post pictures asap and continue to let you guys know what is happening but it is by far and above the most fun car I have every driven and the power finally matches the handling characteristics of this lovely machine BMW made.

This is exactly what we wanted to hear :)

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    15psi is pretty wild in mine. granted I have different parts and a built engine,its most likely going to feel about the same.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X